Rapper Lil Wayne Sharing Screen With Forest Whitaker in Sport Movie
The former rap group Hot Boys' member Lil Wayne has been signed to star in an upcoming basketball drama movie entitled "Patriots". In displaying his acting skills, the rapper whose latest album "Tha Carter III" is expected to come out in stores on June 10 will be joining notable actors that include Forest Whitaker, Isaiah Washington and Taraji P. Henson.
Aside from sharing screen with those thesps, Wayne will also team up with another rapper Bow Wow in the based on true story film. Additionally, the 25-year-old hip hop artist has been set to portray an Al Collins High School's student by the name of Lamont who is doubtful of what the new basketball team could achieve.
Though famed for his rapping skills, the "Lollipop" hitmaker has tried his luck in the movie industry. He has appeared in the 2000 crime action film "Baller Blockin" as well as in 2007 comedy film "Who's Your Caddy?". Hence, his "Patriots" role won't be his first experience in acting.
Concerning "Patriots" itself, the tidbit follows the story of Al Collins who coaches basketball at John Ehret High in Marrero, Louisiana after the Hurricane Katrina and how he brings the newly formed team to win the state championship a year following the devastating disaster that hits the Gulf Coast. Written by "The Great Debaters" scribbler Robert Eisele, the film will be made under the direction of "Fantastic Four" helmer Tim Story and is set to have November 14 release date.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'