Rapper Lil Wayne Sharing Screen With Forest Whitaker in Sport Movie
The former rap group Hot Boys' member Lil Wayne has been signed to star in an upcoming basketball drama movie entitled "Patriots". In displaying his acting skills, the rapper whose latest album "Tha Carter III" is expected to come out in stores on June 10 will be joining notable actors that include Forest Whitaker, Isaiah Washington and Taraji P. Henson.
Aside from sharing screen with those thesps, Wayne will also team up with another rapper Bow Wow in the based on true story film. Additionally, the 25-year-old hip hop artist has been set to portray an Al Collins High School's student by the name of Lamont who is doubtful of what the new basketball team could achieve.
Though famed for his rapping skills, the "Lollipop" hitmaker has tried his luck in the movie industry. He has appeared in the 2000 crime action film "Baller Blockin" as well as in 2007 comedy film "Who's Your Caddy?". Hence, his "Patriots" role won't be his first experience in acting.
Concerning "Patriots" itself, the tidbit follows the story of Al Collins who coaches basketball at John Ehret High in Marrero, Louisiana after the Hurricane Katrina and how he brings the newly formed team to win the state championship a year following the devastating disaster that hits the Gulf Coast. Written by "The Great Debaters" scribbler Robert Eisele, the film will be made under the direction of "Fantastic Four" helmer Tim Story and is set to have November 14 release date.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding