Nicole Kidman to Portray English Pop Singer
She has proven that she could sing a tune in "Moulin Rouge" and she has been praised for her portrayal of author Virginia Wolf in "The Hours". Now, the academy award-winning actress Nicole Kidman reportedly is slated to combine the two in a new feature film role in a developed biopic about English famed pop singer Dusty Springfield.
The reports on the casting has been outed by New York Magazine which got the scoop directly from the drama musical scribbler Michael Cunningham. Allegedly, when attending the 2008 PEN gala at the Museum of Natural History on April 28, the scribbler of "The Hours" revealed that the wife of country singer Keith Urban has been set to portray the troubled singer famous at the time of British invasion.
Set to be made for Fox 2000 Pictures, the yet untitled biopic, "Untitled Dusty Springfield Biopic", is said to center on Springfield's controversial life. It will tell the story of her drinking and drug abuse as well as her questionable sexual orientation. On the essence of the movie, Cunningham let out, "She was a great artist who no one knew what to do with. She was coming into her full powers at the same time the Beatles were. But she is clearly going into history with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones."
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack