Alicia Keys Plans New Album and Back on Stage
Although still doing tours to promote her latest album "As I Am", Alicia Keys already set her eyes on a new album. Alicia revealed that plan to Billboard.com claiming that she had even already thought of another album after finishing "As I Am". She said, "I've been thinking about the next album since we kind of wrapped up this album."
Revealing more details about her new album plans, Alicia stated that she wants to do something different and make it sounds like Joni Mitchell and Carole King. "When I was just finishing recording 'As I Am,' I said to myself that I want to do something that's totally stripped-down, stripped-back, totally piano-based, singer-songwriter; Joni Mitchell, Carole King type of vibe," Alicia said.
Before going back to make new songs, Alicia will be concentrating on promoting her album first. After releasing the single "Teenage Love Affair", she plans to follow it up with her next single which will be "Superwoman". Commenting more about "Superwoman" Alicia said, "The beauty of 'Superwoman' is that it's not about being all-powerful and ... being perfect, 'cause no one is. It's about perfection in our weaknesses and perfection in our imperfection, that we can still keep going and we can still learn and still remain strong. Even when we're feeling weak, we can still be superwomen-- and supermen. I love what that says about all that I've learned this year."
Meanwhile, the singer is currently continuing her tour after previously having to cancel some shows because of throat infection. Alicia has even started her performance on Saturday, April 26 and for the next stop she will perform in Minnesota on Wednesday, April 30.
More Alicia Keys News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video