Phil Collins Steps Off From the Music Scene
It seems that Phil Collins has had enough time playing and making music, the singer recently stated his retirement from the music industry. Phil's announced the news on Friday, April 25 to the press stating that he will not release anymore albums and do another tour.
Despite his resignation, Phil also reveals that he will not entirely flee of the music scene. He said that he will still write songs and work behind the scene in order to enjoy his life more. The singer also added that by retiring he now can have more time to do his hobby which is collecting the Battle of The Alamo's memorabilia. Speaking about his hobby Phil said, "It's not that unusual for a man of my age who grew up reading Davy Crockett."
Until now the pop singer has been involved in the music industry for about 30 years. He started his career as a drummer for pop progressive band Genesis in 1974 before leaving the band in 1996 to pursue his solo career. From then on his music career evolves and today people knew him more as a singer than a drummer.
The last album he worked on was a soundtrack album of Disney's animated movie "Brother Bear". The album which was titled "Brother Bear: Original Soundtrack" was released on October 21, 2003.
More Phil Collins News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video