Phil Collins Steps Off From the Music Scene
It seems that Phil Collins has had enough time playing and making music, the singer recently stated his retirement from the music industry. Phil's announced the news on Friday, April 25 to the press stating that he will not release anymore albums and do another tour.
Despite his resignation, Phil also reveals that he will not entirely flee of the music scene. He said that he will still write songs and work behind the scene in order to enjoy his life more. The singer also added that by retiring he now can have more time to do his hobby which is collecting the Battle of The Alamo's memorabilia. Speaking about his hobby Phil said, "It's not that unusual for a man of my age who grew up reading Davy Crockett."
Until now the pop singer has been involved in the music industry for about 30 years. He started his career as a drummer for pop progressive band Genesis in 1974 before leaving the band in 1996 to pursue his solo career. From then on his music career evolves and today people knew him more as a singer than a drummer.
The last album he worked on was a soundtrack album of Disney's animated movie "Brother Bear". The album which was titled "Brother Bear: Original Soundtrack" was released on October 21, 2003.
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3