'The Golden Army' to See the Vulnerable Side of Hellboy
Though promised to deliver more actions and bigger weapons in the sequel to "Hellboy", the filmmakers behind "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" apparently also want to make a human out of the red-skinned demon with big stone right hand. In the interview with Hellboy's depicter Ron Perlman, MTV News uncovered that the follow-up film will expose more of the romantic relationship between Hellboy and Liz and how it affects the story.
Confessing on the relationship that has developed even further since the first movie, Perlman stated that the lover have taken their romance to the next level. "We start off the film on the next level, where we're living together," said the 58-year-old actor. "She's living in my bachelor pad with me and my 55 cats, my 22 television screens, all of which are either playing 'Popeye' or 'The Three Stooges'."
Further, he explained that as the relationship blossoms, troubles come along and it left Hellboy vulnerable when dealing with the golden army. "The relationship gets tested, which is a story that runs parallel to the big 'A' story of the film. You get to see the guy you saw in the first film, who was filled with swagger and one-liners and arrogance, you get to see him completely at sea emotionally," so claimed the "Enemy at the Gates" actor. "He's vulnerable and compromised while he's trying to save the world. And he's slightly inebriated because that's the way he processes utter despair."
Delivered by "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmakers Guillermo del Toro, "The Golden Army" is coming into theaters across the U.S. on July 11, 2008. The film is starred by Perlman as well as Selma Blair, Doug Jones and James Dodd among others. In this Universal Pictures' action tidbit, Hellboy will face off with an evil dictator setting eyes to rule the world as an ancient truce between human and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen