'The Golden Army' to See the Vulnerable Side of Hellboy
Though promised to deliver more actions and bigger weapons in the sequel to "Hellboy", the filmmakers behind "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" apparently also want to make a human out of the red-skinned demon with big stone right hand. In the interview with Hellboy's depicter Ron Perlman, MTV News uncovered that the follow-up film will expose more of the romantic relationship between Hellboy and Liz and how it affects the story.
Confessing on the relationship that has developed even further since the first movie, Perlman stated that the lover have taken their romance to the next level. "We start off the film on the next level, where we're living together," said the 58-year-old actor. "She's living in my bachelor pad with me and my 55 cats, my 22 television screens, all of which are either playing 'Popeye' or 'The Three Stooges'."
Further, he explained that as the relationship blossoms, troubles come along and it left Hellboy vulnerable when dealing with the golden army. "The relationship gets tested, which is a story that runs parallel to the big 'A' story of the film. You get to see the guy you saw in the first film, who was filled with swagger and one-liners and arrogance, you get to see him completely at sea emotionally," so claimed the "Enemy at the Gates" actor. "He's vulnerable and compromised while he's trying to save the world. And he's slightly inebriated because that's the way he processes utter despair."
Delivered by "Pan's Labyrinth" filmmakers Guillermo del Toro, "The Golden Army" is coming into theaters across the U.S. on July 11, 2008. The film is starred by Perlman as well as Selma Blair, Doug Jones and James Dodd among others. In this Universal Pictures' action tidbit, Hellboy will face off with an evil dictator setting eyes to rule the world as an ancient truce between human and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked