Video Interview: J.J. Abrams Addresses 'Cloverfield' Sequel Speculations
Though earlier reports have suggested that the sequel of the successful monster movie "Cloverfield" might never make it to the big screen, a recent interview with its acclaimed producer J.J. Abrams revealed the other way around. In an interview with "The Loop" of G4's Attack of the Show, the filmmaker talks about the possible follow-up or spin-off of the film.
Hinting on the chance of the sequel development, the 41-year-old "Lost" co-creator stated that people behind the hit thriller have jotted down several great ideas for the sequel. "There is a couple ideas that Drew Goddard , the writer, and Matt Reeves have that are pretty fantastic," explained Abrams. "So we're playing around with some ideas and obviously if it isn't something that really excited us and inspires us, we won't do it. But there are some good ideas out there."
Further into the interview, he noted that the second movie may still be using the same filming technique as the original film stating, "I think it's a valid style...I think as a gimmick, people have already seen it, so if you're going to do it, you have to do something unique with it." Aside from discussing on the sequel, Abrams also addressed much about the first film and its relation to "Lost" and also his upcoming movie "Star Trek".
Directed by "Felicity" writer Matt Reeves, "Cloverfield" has made its memorable debut in the box office as it scored a huge $40 million revenue in its first weekend opening. Since then, the film starring Lizzy Kaplan and Michael Stahl-David has pulled in as much as $80 domestically and $166 worldwide. The DVD version of the film that follows five young New Yorkers' effort to survive the attack of giant monster told through a video camera has been released on Tuesday, April 22.
J.J. Abrams "Cloverfield 2" Video Interview:
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap