Miley Cyrus Embarrassed and Truly Sorry for Vanity Fair Topless Pics
Another day, another raunchy pictures scandal for Miley Cyrus. Following her latest racy pics which were leaked online last week, the young actress-singer provoked another concern and talk with her provocative pictures in the June 2008 issue of Vanity Fair magazine.
For the issue, on sale in New York and Los Angeles on Wednesday, April 30 and nationwide May 6, Miley posed for celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz. She was photographed posing provocatively over her right shoulder, her back nude and breasts covered by her arms and shimmery fabric. In a caption with the image, the "Hannah Montana" star was quoted as telling the publication, "I think it's really artsy. It wasn't in a skanky way. Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought that was really cool. That's what she wanted me to do, and you can't say no to Annie. She's so cute. She gets this puppy-dog look and you're like, 'OK.'"
Commercials promoting the scoop pictures were first showed by the television program "Entertainment Tonight" over the weekend. And, needless, to say, many negative reviews arose soon thereafter.
Quickly responded to the negative reviews addressed to her, Miley exclusively issued a statement to People on Sunday, April 27, apologizing for the series of her racy pics that hit the Internet last week as well as for the not-yet-released Vanity Fair photo shoot.
"My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," so she said.
She then went on saying, "The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone" adding that "Most of all I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life's journey."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video