'Iron Man' Sequel to Expose War Machine
Though fans still have to wait for a few days to see their favorite superhero "Iron Man" to graze the big screen, good news has already come pouring down on them. After earlier it was reported that the Jon Favreau-directed action film will open early on May 1 at 8 P.M. in limited theaters, a new report is building up as the film's helmer has indicated that the follow-up to the much awaited film may bring up War Machine.
Talking about this upcoming Paramount Pictures' movie to Rotten Tomatoes in London, the 41-year-old filmmaker let out that the superhero tidbit is going to showcase a moment in which Lt. Colonel Jim Rhodes takes a look at Tony Stark's Mark II Iron Man outfit and says, "Next time baby." The scene allegedly opens up possibility for filmmakers to bring up the War Machine, Rhodes' superhero character who comes out after Stark's fall into alcoholism.
Exposing the hints to the sequel, the "Zathura" and "Elf" director stated, "There are actually a few of those. And the way we introduce S.H.I.E.L.D. is another thing where you don't see it coming and then it's there. There are all sorts of images and references to The Mandarin, and in the end credits in the animations there's a little tip of the hat to War Machine." He further added that he believes everybody on board the "Iron Man" film are prepared to do the sequel. "I've got another two movies in my head; I'm ready to go and I know the cast feels the same way," confessed Favreau.
Based on Marvel's comic character of the same name, "Iron Man" follows Tony Stark, a weapons designer who is captured by Afghan terrorist to build an advance weapon for them. Using his talent, the billionaire instead works on assembling a bulletproof armor suit and escapes from the facility. Teaming up Hollywood talents, including Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges, the film is expected to make a box office history when it opens in theaters across the U.S. on May 2.
Here below is a video exposing the review of "Iron Man" from Variety's Chief Film Critic, Todd McCarthy.
"Iron Man" Review Video:
More Iron Man News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed