'Man of Steel' Eyeing Early 2009 Production
Though for quite sometime the sequel to the blockbuster "Superman Returns" film, "Superman: The Man of Steel", seems to be going no further than a mere plan, recent report brings good news to Superman's fans. Allegedly, the superhero film that will once again be handled by notable sci-fi helmer Bryan Singer will have early 2009 production.
The possible start date of production has been suggested by "Superman Returns" star, Brandon Routh as he sat down with Collider.com to talk about his latest film "Lie to Me", which will have its premiere at the Newport Beach Film Festival on April 26, 2006. On the less than 15-minutes interview, the former fashion model stated, "I trust that we'll be shooting Man of Steel early next year."
Aside from commenting on when "Man of Steel" will kick off its production, Routh also gave out his thought about "Justice League Mortal" film. The 28-year-old revealed that he has never been approached by Warner Bros. Pictures to reprise his role as Superman in the film and further added that he would reject the offer if they indeed come to him. Addressing the matter, he said, "I think we've been doing a great job representing Superman and Batman and there is definitely a time and place for the Justice League movie. I kinda think that now isn't that time."
On "Man of Steel" related news, the Warner Bros' action movie is reportedly going to bring up a new image of Superman. In a lecture to Hamilton students on April 17 in Wellin Hall, Thomas Tull, the founder, chairman and CEO of Legendary Pictures which produce "Batman Begins", "Superman Returns" and "300", exposed that in the sequel Superman will come across as "an angry god".
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius