Bad Omen Falls on 'Quantum'
It seems like the latest installment of James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace" has been cursed. After a limited edition Aston Martin got into a terrible plunge into Lake Garda, Italy on Saturday, April 19, another serious accident occurred on the Italian set of the highlighted action film. This time, the incident may jeopardize the film as the shooting is now halted.
On the accident, a local official revealed on Thursday, April 24, that a near-fatal car crash happened on the set of "Solace" on Wednesday, April 23, when an experienced stuntman got serious head injury while filming the 15 minutes car chase sequence along the Gardesana, the winding road around Lake Garda. Reportedly, Aris Comninos, the stunt driver of an Alfa Romeo car, Bond's villain vehicle, got into a collision with a lorry and crashed into the side wall of the road. Beside Comninos, the co-driver was also injured though wasn't as serious as his fellow stuntman. The two had been brought into Borgo Trento hospital in Verona.
The town spokesman for the Eon Productions, Marco Girardi, revealed that the shooting actually will be wrapped up on the day of the accident after the sequence is shot. However, because of the serious accident, the Italian shooting has to be stopped and whether the filming will be restarted or not is unknown at the time being. A statement on the matter read, "Filming with the second unit on 'Quantum of Solace' will be suspended while the accident is investigated." Further, it is explained that none of the cast members, including Daniel Craig as well as director Marc Foster were at the location when the accident happened.
The Columbia Pictures' superspy agent movie is scheduled to come in theaters on November 11. The film features Craig for the second time as James Bond. Aside from Craig, "Solace" will see Olga Kurylenko, Giancarlo Giannini, Judi Dench, Mathieu Amalric and Gemma Arterton as the cast ensemble.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier