Rihanna Collaborating With Maroon 5 on 'If I Never See Your Face Again'
Another big collaboration is being made by Rihanna. After collaborating with Jay-Z in her first album this time she teams up with Maroon 5. The two are working together in the remake of Maroon's track "If I Never See Your Face Again", which was taken from their second album "It Won't Be Soon Before Long".
The re-make single is planned to be featured on both Rihanna and the funk-rock band's repackaged album which will be released soon. Rihanna's re-release album will be out on June 17, but the date for Maroon's is yet to be confirmed. The "Umbrella" singer confirmed the date for her repackage album's release to MTV saying, "We're both re-releasing our albums-mine's out June 17."
Speaking about the collaboration, Rihanna told MTV that she felt honored to be working with the band. "This is the only collaboration on my re-release, because I always wanted to work with Maroon 5. They're one of my favorite bands. When they called me to do this record with them, I was so honored, " Rihanna said. Meanwhile, Adam Levine, the band's lead singer also explained about the reason they wanted to do the collaboration saying, "The song was basically done, but we wanted to try something different, so we had her come in and do bits and pieces.
At the moment Rihanna and Maroon are shooting the music video for "If I Never See Your Face Again" in Los Angeles. Revealing details about the upcoming video the R&B queen expresses her excitement in shooting it saying, "It's really intense, because you have to work with each other so much. It's new for me, but I'm enjoying it."
More Rihanna News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress