Foo Fighters Won Album Nod at 1st NME Awards USA
Foo Fighters were hailed as the recipient of Best Album of the Year through their 2007 effort "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" at the first ever NME Awards USA. Their win was selected by fans via on-line votes that favored the band's album over the other nominees which are The Hold Steady's "Girls And Boys of America", The Killers' "Sawdust", Kings of Leon's "Because of the Times" and The White Stripes' "Icky Thump".
The band which is fronted by Dave Grohl did not attend the show but sent in a video acceptance speech. They said, "Number One Record - thanks very much for that. It's good to see NME making its way over here into the States, because they've been good friends of ours over in the UK for a long time."
Another album winner at the event which is staged in Los Angeles on Wednesday, April 23 is British act Arctic Monkeys whose sophomore album "Favourite Worst Nightmare" literally became a favorite among U.S. listeners. The band also did not attend the show but Klaxons and Mark Ronson accepted the honor on their behalf.
Other winners during the night include Justice (Best Video for "D.A.N.C.E"), Vampire Weekend (Best New Band), MGMT (Best Breakthrough Track for "Time To Pretend"), My Chemical Romance (Best Indie/Alternative Live Band), The Killers (Best Indie/Alternative Track for "Tranquilizer") and Arcade Fire (Best International Indie/Alternative Band).
For more complete winners, log on to NME.com.
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper