Swizz Beatz and Wife Mashonda Call It Quits
Rapper-producer Swizz Beatz and his wife, R'n'B singer Mashonda, are heading for splitsville. The couple have been married since 2004. They are parents to son Kassem Jr., who was born in January 2007.
A spokesperson for Swizz Beatz declined to elaborate on the reason behind the couple's split, yet claimed the separation was "on amicable terms". "Their union was one shared in love and deep admiration for one another. For the last seven months, the two have been working on establishing a formidable friendship, being great parents to their son, and remaining great supporters of each other's careers," the representative told AllHipHop. "The couple has asked that their privacy be respected at this time."
Notwithstanding with their separation, both Swizz Beatz and Mashonda have agreed to continue working on their music career hand-in-hand. "The couple has agreed to continue their entrepreneurial spirit. Mashonda is set to launch a new luxury swimwear line, a musical venture, and beginning an arts based school for children. Swizz is hard at work producing for a number of artists, and on his follow up album through Universal Motown Records," the representative went on adding.
And while neither Swizz Beatz nor Mashonda addressed on the split report, MediaTakeOut cited its readers as saying, "Swizz was creepin' with some artist he was working with or something and 'Shonda finally flipped. It's been a long time coming but it's been said that the long hours of work with Swizz in the studio- not eating, not taking care of himself etc. Shonda was like a single mother."
MediaTakeOut, furthermore, also claimed Swizz's new Muslim beliefs to take part on the split.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama