Swizz Beatz and Wife Mashonda Call It Quits
Rapper-producer Swizz Beatz and his wife, R'n'B singer Mashonda, are heading for splitsville. The couple have been married since 2004. They are parents to son Kassem Jr., who was born in January 2007.
A spokesperson for Swizz Beatz declined to elaborate on the reason behind the couple's split, yet claimed the separation was "on amicable terms". "Their union was one shared in love and deep admiration for one another. For the last seven months, the two have been working on establishing a formidable friendship, being great parents to their son, and remaining great supporters of each other's careers," the representative told AllHipHop. "The couple has asked that their privacy be respected at this time."
Notwithstanding with their separation, both Swizz Beatz and Mashonda have agreed to continue working on their music career hand-in-hand. "The couple has agreed to continue their entrepreneurial spirit. Mashonda is set to launch a new luxury swimwear line, a musical venture, and beginning an arts based school for children. Swizz is hard at work producing for a number of artists, and on his follow up album through Universal Motown Records," the representative went on adding.
And while neither Swizz Beatz nor Mashonda addressed on the split report, MediaTakeOut cited its readers as saying, "Swizz was creepin' with some artist he was working with or something and 'Shonda finally flipped. It's been a long time coming but it's been said that the long hours of work with Swizz in the studio- not eating, not taking care of himself etc. Shonda was like a single mother."
MediaTakeOut, furthermore, also claimed Swizz's new Muslim beliefs to take part on the split.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame