Swizz Beatz and Wife Mashonda Call It Quits
Rapper-producer Swizz Beatz and his wife, R'n'B singer Mashonda, are heading for splitsville. The couple have been married since 2004. They are parents to son Kassem Jr., who was born in January 2007.
A spokesperson for Swizz Beatz declined to elaborate on the reason behind the couple's split, yet claimed the separation was "on amicable terms". "Their union was one shared in love and deep admiration for one another. For the last seven months, the two have been working on establishing a formidable friendship, being great parents to their son, and remaining great supporters of each other's careers," the representative told AllHipHop. "The couple has asked that their privacy be respected at this time."
Notwithstanding with their separation, both Swizz Beatz and Mashonda have agreed to continue working on their music career hand-in-hand. "The couple has agreed to continue their entrepreneurial spirit. Mashonda is set to launch a new luxury swimwear line, a musical venture, and beginning an arts based school for children. Swizz is hard at work producing for a number of artists, and on his follow up album through Universal Motown Records," the representative went on adding.
And while neither Swizz Beatz nor Mashonda addressed on the split report, MediaTakeOut cited its readers as saying, "Swizz was creepin' with some artist he was working with or something and 'Shonda finally flipped. It's been a long time coming but it's been said that the long hours of work with Swizz in the studio- not eating, not taking care of himself etc. Shonda was like a single mother."
MediaTakeOut, furthermore, also claimed Swizz's new Muslim beliefs to take part on the split.
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film