Video: Leona Lewis Performed on American Idol
Leona Lewis made a performance for the first time on American Idol stage and for the umpteenth time in front of Simon Cowell. The winner of British reality show X Factor, that also sees Cowell as the judge, sang her #1 hit "Bleeding Love" on the result show on Wednesday, April 23.
While Lewis celebrated her performance, contestant Carly Smithson was cut off the show after receiving the lowest amount of vote on the Andrew Lloyd Webber week. On Tuesday, the Irish singer who lost her chance in the show's season 5 due to visa problem, performed "Jesus Superstar" and even got praised by the acid-tongue Cowell. She was put on the bottom two along with Syesha Mercado who managed to get into the top five along with David Archuleta, David Cook, Brooke White and Jason Castro.
Along with the result show, there was a screening of a message from the U.S. President, George Bush and First Lady Laura Bush who thanked viewers for the donations made during "Idol Gives Back" episode. The special event managed to raise $22 million dollars that will go to six charity organizations.
Next week, the top five will be singing songs by veteran rocker Neil Diamond.
Leona Lewis on American Idol:
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences