Chris Tomlin, Among 39th GMA Dove Awards Winners
The 39th Annual GMA Dove Awards has granted Chris Tomlin the Male Vocalist of the Year and Natalie Grant for the Female honor. The event that recognizes the works of gospel musicians was held on Wednesday, April 23 at Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee and broadcast nationally for the first time in four years.
Tomlin started off with 5 nominations, just one count lower than the biggest nominee, Casting Crown's Mark Hall. "This is quite amazing," Tomlin said on his acceptance speech. "Thank God for letting me sing and give a voice to people around the world to worship him. This is unbelievable that God would continue to use us all like this and I'm very, very grateful."
Meanwhile Grant gave a fulfilling 'reminder' of how lucky being a gospel artist in U.S. She said, "I think we forget often what a privilege it is to be in a country where we can record music that boldly proclaims our passion for Jesus Christ. What a gift." Earlier that night she performed "Bring It All Together" together with Wynonna Judd.
The New Artist title was handed to "I'm Not Who I Was" singer Brandon Heath who beat among others, American Idol finalist, Mandisa. Other nods given out that night was Songwriter of the Year that was claimed by Cindy Morgan. For full winners log on to DoveAwards.com.
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club