Chris Tomlin, Among 39th GMA Dove Awards Winners
The 39th Annual GMA Dove Awards has granted Chris Tomlin the Male Vocalist of the Year and Natalie Grant for the Female honor. The event that recognizes the works of gospel musicians was held on Wednesday, April 23 at Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee and broadcast nationally for the first time in four years.
Tomlin started off with 5 nominations, just one count lower than the biggest nominee, Casting Crown's Mark Hall. "This is quite amazing," Tomlin said on his acceptance speech. "Thank God for letting me sing and give a voice to people around the world to worship him. This is unbelievable that God would continue to use us all like this and I'm very, very grateful."
Meanwhile Grant gave a fulfilling 'reminder' of how lucky being a gospel artist in U.S. She said, "I think we forget often what a privilege it is to be in a country where we can record music that boldly proclaims our passion for Jesus Christ. What a gift." Earlier that night she performed "Bring It All Together" together with Wynonna Judd.
The New Artist title was handed to "I'm Not Who I Was" singer Brandon Heath who beat among others, American Idol finalist, Mandisa. Other nods given out that night was Songwriter of the Year that was claimed by Cindy Morgan. For full winners log on to DoveAwards.com.
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip