Chris Tomlin, Among 39th GMA Dove Awards Winners
The 39th Annual GMA Dove Awards has granted Chris Tomlin the Male Vocalist of the Year and Natalie Grant for the Female honor. The event that recognizes the works of gospel musicians was held on Wednesday, April 23 at Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville, Tennessee and broadcast nationally for the first time in four years.
Tomlin started off with 5 nominations, just one count lower than the biggest nominee, Casting Crown's Mark Hall. "This is quite amazing," Tomlin said on his acceptance speech. "Thank God for letting me sing and give a voice to people around the world to worship him. This is unbelievable that God would continue to use us all like this and I'm very, very grateful."
Meanwhile Grant gave a fulfilling 'reminder' of how lucky being a gospel artist in U.S. She said, "I think we forget often what a privilege it is to be in a country where we can record music that boldly proclaims our passion for Jesus Christ. What a gift." Earlier that night she performed "Bring It All Together" together with Wynonna Judd.
The New Artist title was handed to "I'm Not Who I Was" singer Brandon Heath who beat among others, American Idol finalist, Mandisa. Other nods given out that night was Songwriter of the Year that was claimed by Cindy Morgan. For full winners log on to DoveAwards.com.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame