Stone Temple Pilots Reunite to Open for Led Zeppelin
All bands that have reunited after having long break-up always have good reasons to get back together, that's also the same case with rock band "Stone Temple Pilots. Recently the band's bassist has revealed one the reasons in an interview with MTV, saying that they get together so they can open Led Zeppelin concert.
Confirming the news to MTV Robert DeLeo said, "Believe me, that was one of the reasons. We thought, 'We should get together now, in case Zeppelin does tour.' I'm serious, man. That would be one hell of a bill: STP and Led Zeppelin. I mean, we could play a doghouse, out in the middle of the ocean, and if I got to play with Zeppelin, that would be a highlight of my life." He also revealed that although the reunion looks to be impossible at first, the band members managed to settle down their differences and things went well in the end.
Moreover Robert said that keep thinking positive and having fun are the keys to get their act back. "I wanted to go into this with an open frame of mind and a positive attitude and just have fun with it. We should have fun with it, which God knows we didn't always have with our career when we were younger. If that's all I can say, and that's what I can get out of this reunion, great." He then added that on their recent gig after reuniting they sounded very good, claiming that it was the effect of sobriety. "We have a lot more clarity in the band now, and I think with clarity comes appreciation. I saw that the other night, when we played. I saw it in my eyes, and in the eyes of the rest of the band. There's a lot more rock in this band now."
Although the Pilots have reunited now, Robert is still unsure that they will make a new record. He said that the band's main focus are practicing their old repertoires to get back on the road again. "I've always got stuff written, and there's always a long list of songs that are always there-it's a matter of timing. If time allows, there will definitely be new music. I think it would be silly not to release new music. I'd like to believe we still have a writing relationship, but the first step is getting reacquainted with what we know," Robert said.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?