Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective