Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked