Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic