Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation