Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof