Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family