Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans