Jay-Z to Leave Music for Movie Industry
Jay-Z can't get enough of new ventures. Just like his wife, Beyonce Knowles, the rapper who has owned several albums, boutique hotels, clubs and apparel lines, is considering a foray into the movie world after his recording contract is off.
"I want to get into the movie business," the Hip-Hop icon said. "I love films and that's why I feel I would do a good job. My recording contract runs out after two more albums. Who knows what I will do after that."
Jay made a small cameo in a 2002 action movie "Paper Soldiers" starring Beanie Sigel. His songs have also been used in numerous soundtracks to films such as "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and "Miami Vice".
In September last year he suddenly came up with a concept album called "American Gangster" after watching the movie of the same name. He parted ways with Def Jam soon after that but has signed with Live Nation in a deal that will finance his tour, new music label, management, publishing and merchandising for the next decade.
More Jay-Z News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds