The 66th Golden Globe Awards Announcing Key Dates
Following the announcement of the 81st Academy Awards' schedules, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) came out to reveal the important dates to its noted awards show, the 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards. Latest reports claimed that the president of HFPA, Jorge Camara, has announced the key dates of the event on Tuesday, April 22.
On the occasion, it is revealed that the Globes' nominees will be outed on Thursday, December 11 at 5:00 A.M. Meanwhile, the ceremony of the awards presentation will be broadcast live from The Beverly Hilton on NBC starting at 8:00 P.M. on Sunday, January 11, 2009. The event that gives out recognition to television as well as motion picture is said to be aired in more than 150 countries worldwide.
This year Golden Globes' ceremony was not held due to the on-going writers' strike. Still, the winners were announced on January 13, 2008. Among many notable recipients, "Atonement" was named Best Picture and "Sweeney Todd" was hailed Best Musical/Comedy Film. Julie Christie and Daniel Day-Lewis were also given the honors as Best Actress and Best Actor respectively.
The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards' time table:
- October 31, 2008 Final date for press conferences for Friday Television entries
- November 7, 2008 Deadline for submission of Golden Globe Friday entry forms
- November 26, 2008 Deadline for nomination ballots to be Wednesday mailed by Ernst & Young to all HFPA members
- December 6, 2008 Final screening date for Motion Pictures Saturday
- December 7, 2008 Final date for Motion Picture press Sunday conferences
- December 8, 2008 Deadline for receipt by Ernst & Young of Monday nomination ballots
- December 11, 2008 5:00 A.M. Nomination announcement of "The Thursday 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards"
- December 12, 2008 Deadline for receipt of media credential Friday applications
- December 22, 2008 Final ballots mailed by Ernst & Young to Monday all HFPA members
- December 31, 2008 Deadline for receipt of publicist Wednesday credential applications
- January 7, 2009 Deadline for receipt by Ernst & Young of Wednesday final ballots
- January 11, 2009 Presentation of "The 66th Annual Sunday Golden Globe Awards" Live telecast on NBC Television at 8 P.M. EST
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics