Cameron Diaz Under Medical Attention with Stress, Plans a Year Off
Everything is just not good for Cameron Diaz following her father's sudden death last week. The actress missed the premiere of her film "What Happens in Vegas..." and co-star Ashton Kutcher revealed that she's receiving "medical attention" at the moment.
Kutcher attended the film's premiere Monday night, April 21 in London, U.K. all alone and told a WENN photographer, "Sadly she will not be joining us for the premiere as she has just lost her father and is under medical attention with stress at the moment. But she will be better soon."
Went on to thank the paparazzi for their concern for the heartbroken movie beauty, Kutcher said "I will be telling her of your get-well-soon wishes and condolences following her father's passing on."
Diaz's father, Emilio Diaz, died suddenly of pneumonia on Tuesday morning, April 15. The production on her latest film "My Sister's Keeper" has been shut down since then to give her time to grieve and take care of family matters. Her ex boyfriends Justin Timberlake and John Mayer were both seen lending their support to her, attended Emilio's memorial service Sunday, April 20 at Mahe in Seal Beach.
In related news, Diaz is reported to have been planning to take a break from showbiz after completing the shooting of her drama flick "My Sister's Keeper", telling W Magazine's May 2008 issue "I envision a full year off, just living life and having fun. It's the best thing."
In an interview with the publication, conducted before her father's death, Diaz also revealed her intention to do charity work and spend time getting to know herself.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics