Cameron Diaz Under Medical Attention with Stress, Plans a Year Off
Everything is just not good for Cameron Diaz following her father's sudden death last week. The actress missed the premiere of her film "What Happens in Vegas..." and co-star Ashton Kutcher revealed that she's receiving "medical attention" at the moment.
Kutcher attended the film's premiere Monday night, April 21 in London, U.K. all alone and told a WENN photographer, "Sadly she will not be joining us for the premiere as she has just lost her father and is under medical attention with stress at the moment. But she will be better soon."
Went on to thank the paparazzi for their concern for the heartbroken movie beauty, Kutcher said "I will be telling her of your get-well-soon wishes and condolences following her father's passing on."
Diaz's father, Emilio Diaz, died suddenly of pneumonia on Tuesday morning, April 15. The production on her latest film "My Sister's Keeper" has been shut down since then to give her time to grieve and take care of family matters. Her ex boyfriends Justin Timberlake and John Mayer were both seen lending their support to her, attended Emilio's memorial service Sunday, April 20 at Mahe in Seal Beach.
In related news, Diaz is reported to have been planning to take a break from showbiz after completing the shooting of her drama flick "My Sister's Keeper", telling W Magazine's May 2008 issue "I envision a full year off, just living life and having fun. It's the best thing."
In an interview with the publication, conducted before her father's death, Diaz also revealed her intention to do charity work and spend time getting to know herself.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host
- Independent Justin Bieber's Reportedly Doing His Own Underwear Laundry When Staying at Posh Hotel