'Iron Man' to Open a Day Early
Though left disappointed by the dismissal of the early "Iron Man" theatrical opening that has been thrown out by Paramount Pictures previously, the die hard fans of the superhero can now breathe free. The latest report coming from the action tidbit exposes that those who cannot wait to see the film will get the chance to watch it earlier than its release schedule.
The Jon Favreau-directed film is said to be heading to selected theaters on May 1, 2008 and will be viewed starting at 8:00 P.M. Despite announcing the time and date, report on the matter didn't note which theaters are set to screen it earlier. Hence, fans should check their local theater listings. Though the limited release won't be as early as the international release on April 30, some of the fans won't have to wait until May 2 to flock the theaters.
Earlier, it was rumored that "Iron Man" would get the same release date as the international schedule. The rumor sparked following the announcement made by President of Paramount Pictures International Andrew Cripps at ShoWest Convention. At the time, Cripps stated that the action film would be released "Day-and-Date internationally on April 30". Responding to the circulating speculation, Paramount then quickly came out with a statement that read, "The domestic release date of Iron Man has NOT changed and remains May 2, 2008. Paramount Pictures International & Marvel will release the film in numerous international markets on April 30, 2008. "
On the film's premiere news, it is reported that the highly anticipated superhero flick has been premiered on Tuesday, April 22 at the Cinemaxx in Berlin, Germany. The premiere was attended by two of its stars Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow as well as its director Jon Favreau. On the occasion, Paltrow came in wearing a sparkly mini black dress, while Downey wore a dark grey suit.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton