'Iron Man' to Open a Day Early
Though left disappointed by the dismissal of the early "Iron Man" theatrical opening that has been thrown out by Paramount Pictures previously, the die hard fans of the superhero can now breathe free. The latest report coming from the action tidbit exposes that those who cannot wait to see the film will get the chance to watch it earlier than its release schedule.
The Jon Favreau-directed film is said to be heading to selected theaters on May 1, 2008 and will be viewed starting at 8:00 P.M. Despite announcing the time and date, report on the matter didn't note which theaters are set to screen it earlier. Hence, fans should check their local theater listings. Though the limited release won't be as early as the international release on April 30, some of the fans won't have to wait until May 2 to flock the theaters.
Earlier, it was rumored that "Iron Man" would get the same release date as the international schedule. The rumor sparked following the announcement made by President of Paramount Pictures International Andrew Cripps at ShoWest Convention. At the time, Cripps stated that the action film would be released "Day-and-Date internationally on April 30". Responding to the circulating speculation, Paramount then quickly came out with a statement that read, "The domestic release date of Iron Man has NOT changed and remains May 2, 2008. Paramount Pictures International & Marvel will release the film in numerous international markets on April 30, 2008. "
On the film's premiere news, it is reported that the highly anticipated superhero flick has been premiered on Tuesday, April 22 at the Cinemaxx in Berlin, Germany. The premiere was attended by two of its stars Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow as well as its director Jon Favreau. On the occasion, Paltrow came in wearing a sparkly mini black dress, while Downey wore a dark grey suit.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance