Fergie to Release 'The Dutchess' Deluxe Edition
New report comes from the Black Eyed Peas' Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie. Speaking to MTV, Fergie reveals that she plans to re-release her hit solo album "The Dutchess" and turn it as a deluxe album.
On the repackaged album she confirmed that she will add new songs that weren't on the first album such as, "Party People" which features collaboration with Nelly and also "Labels or Love" which will be the theme song for "Sex and the City" movie spin-off.
The singer commented that she agreed to make a repackaged version of her previous album because it is the trend now and it also gives her the chance to put her unreleased songs. "That's what everyone's doing nowadays, I hear. The label came to me and said this would be a good idea, and I thought, 'Well, OK, if this is another way for me to put out these songs that I've been wanting people to hear, then great.' The music business is changing, and this repackage thing is a new way for people to put out songs that they want people to hear, so I'm cool with it," Fergie said.
Moreover, Fergie also expressed her joy of making her two new songs, "Party People" and "Labels or Love". Commenting on the song she did with Nelly, the R&B singer revealed that it was actually one of the songs planned to be put on the previous album saying, "I'm thrilled with that one. It was originally going to be on "The Dutchess", but we didn't finish it." Meanwhile, on the other new song she said, "I've got a new song called 'Labels or Love,' which is going to be the [theme] to the "Sex and the City" film, and I'm so thrilled that they picked me to do it."
The repackaged album plans to hit the store on May 27.
Speaking about her group, Fergie also said that after they are finished with their recent solo projects the will get back in the studio again. "So everyone's working on their solo stuff. So we'll all get back in the studio this year. I'll get back in the studio this year. ... We'll keep working. We're workaholics," she said.
Here's Fergie's "Labels or Love":
More Stacy Ferguson News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton