Gwyneth Paltrow Made 75,000 Dollar Donation to Food Bank
Is a macrobiotic enthusiast, Gwyneth Paltrow has made a big donation to the Food Bank for New York City. The actress and mother of two has donated $75,000 of her own money to the organization as she attended a benefit for it over the weekend.
Gwyneth was an honoree at a star-studded benefit for the organization held on Saturday, April 19. During the event she was quoted as telling guests, "I've been thinking about all the crap my children have and how much food we throw away. We have to do better."
The Food Bank distributes free food to over 1.5 million hungry New Yorkers every year. The organization, as stated in its website coordinates "the procurement and distribution of food donations from manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and government agencies to organizations providing free food to the city's hungry."
Besides following a macrobiotic diet, Gwyneth also practices yoga. Though so, she admits a fondness for wine.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'