Gwyneth Paltrow Made 75,000 Dollar Donation to Food Bank
Is a macrobiotic enthusiast, Gwyneth Paltrow has made a big donation to the Food Bank for New York City. The actress and mother of two has donated $75,000 of her own money to the organization as she attended a benefit for it over the weekend.
Gwyneth was an honoree at a star-studded benefit for the organization held on Saturday, April 19. During the event she was quoted as telling guests, "I've been thinking about all the crap my children have and how much food we throw away. We have to do better."
The Food Bank distributes free food to over 1.5 million hungry New Yorkers every year. The organization, as stated in its website coordinates "the procurement and distribution of food donations from manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and government agencies to organizations providing free food to the city's hungry."
Besides following a macrobiotic diet, Gwyneth also practices yoga. Though so, she admits a fondness for wine.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special