Trailer to Julianne Moore's 'Savage Grace' Premiered
IFC First Take have introduced its latest feature film project "Savage Grace" through its trailer. The video footage of the drama film starring Julianne Moore took a bit over two minutes running time and pretty much let out the disturbing scenes from the film that picks up the story of an incestuous relationship between a mother and her son and how it literally kills her at the end.
Opened with a shot of a pair of swimming white geese, the trailer begins with a scene in which a boy can be seen walking in a sidewalk enjoying a cone of ice cream. In the background of the scene, it can be heard that Moore's character, Barbara Daly Baekeland, is explaining to her son about their life.
The first half minute of the trailer is used to describe Barbara, the footage then continues exposing her son's sexual orientation and showing that her seems-to-be perfect life is not perfect after all. At some point, the trailer let out that Barbara is trying to 'cure' her son by seducing his boyfriend and even involved in a threesome scene with two men, one of which is her son.
Based on a true story, "Grace" is adapted from Natalie Robins and Steven M. L. Aronson's book. The film which is also starred by Stephen Dillane and Eddie Redmayne is helmed by Tom Kalin and will hit theaters on May 30. It follows the story of Barbara and her incredibly dramatic life that led to her murder by her own son.
The trailer can be seen below or on its trailer page at AceShowbiz "Savage Grace" Trailer:
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake