Trailer to Julianne Moore's 'Savage Grace' Premiered
IFC First Take have introduced its latest feature film project "Savage Grace" through its trailer. The video footage of the drama film starring Julianne Moore took a bit over two minutes running time and pretty much let out the disturbing scenes from the film that picks up the story of an incestuous relationship between a mother and her son and how it literally kills her at the end.
Opened with a shot of a pair of swimming white geese, the trailer begins with a scene in which a boy can be seen walking in a sidewalk enjoying a cone of ice cream. In the background of the scene, it can be heard that Moore's character, Barbara Daly Baekeland, is explaining to her son about their life.
The first half minute of the trailer is used to describe Barbara, the footage then continues exposing her son's sexual orientation and showing that her seems-to-be perfect life is not perfect after all. At some point, the trailer let out that Barbara is trying to 'cure' her son by seducing his boyfriend and even involved in a threesome scene with two men, one of which is her son.
Based on a true story, "Grace" is adapted from Natalie Robins and Steven M. L. Aronson's book. The film which is also starred by Stephen Dillane and Eddie Redmayne is helmed by Tom Kalin and will hit theaters on May 30. It follows the story of Barbara and her incredibly dramatic life that led to her murder by her own son.
The trailer can be seen below or on its trailer page at AceShowbiz "Savage Grace" Trailer:
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones