Bond's Aston Martin Briefly Swam With Fishes
Experiencing on-set accident in filming an action-pack movie probably could be avoided by many action films, but that's not the case with "Quantum of Solace" as the James Bond's latest expensive Aston Martin got into a terrible accident. Though the limited edition sport car has yet to be used in filming, it has plunged into Lake Garda, Italy on Saturday, April 19.
Reports regarding the news suggested that the $250,000 car was on its way to the "Solace" set when it took the horrible accident. The film's producers explained that the black car plummeted into the lake, when the driver, who was said to be driving the car under the heavy rain, lost control of the car and struck a guard rail on a curve. On the incident, executive producer Anthony Waye said, "Around 6.30am under a heavy shower the car came off the road and ended up in the lake. The driver was slightly hurt and is expected to be released from hospital shortly."
Later, the smashed vehicle has to be salvaged from the lake by hoisting it out as reported by a local Italian television. Further, it is revealed that the car is one of the five Aston Martins prepared for the filming. Additionally, two of them have been purposely sprayed with bullet holes, while the plunged one supposedly is the car number 3.
"Solace" is the 22nd installment of the James Bond movie. It features stars like Daniel Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Judi Dench, Mathieu Amalric and Gemma Arterton. The superspy agent movie which is set for November 7, 2008 release has been filmed in England, Panama, Chile and Mexico. It will next go to Spain for another round of shooting.
"Quantum of Solace" On-Set Video of the Bullet Sprayed Ashton Martin:
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video