Sandra Bullock and Hubby Escaped Serious Injury in Car Collision
Sandra Bullock and her motorcycle builder husband Jesse G. James escaped serious injury after their car was hit by a suspected drunk driver in Gloucester, Mass. Friday night, April 18. The movie beauty was in Massachusetts shooting the film "The Proposal," it's been claimed.
Boston Herald who originally reported the crash story wrote Bullock and Jesse were being driven home for the evening at around 9:50 P.M. in a 2008 Chevy Suburban when a 2001 Subaru Forester station wagon which was driven by Lucile P. Gatchell, 64, of Gloucester jumped lanes on East Main Street and smashed into their front end. Both vehicles were totaled, luckily no one was hurt.
A field sobriety test was quickly performed on Lucile by officers responding to the scene and it showed a blood-alcohol level of 0.20 percent, more than twice the legal limit of 0.08 percent, Gloucester Police Lt. Gerry Cook said. Lucile was thus arrested, taken to the station, and booked on driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to stay in marked lanes. She was released on her own recognition and will be arraigned on the charges Tuesday, April 22.
Lucile didn't know who she hit, until the arresting officer told her. She declined to comment on the accident when being reached over the phone by Boston Herald reporter. Bullock and Jesse, according to police and a witness, embraced on a sidewalk after the car collision and onlookers snapped pictures of the Hollywood couple.
"The Proposal", of comedy-romantic genre, sees Bullock being in the same scene with Ryan Reynolds and Malin Akerman among others. The film is expected to be released on September 25, 2009.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics