Sandra Bullock and Hubby Escaped Serious Injury in Car Collision
Sandra Bullock and her motorcycle builder husband Jesse G. James escaped serious injury after their car was hit by a suspected drunk driver in Gloucester, Mass. Friday night, April 18. The movie beauty was in Massachusetts shooting the film "The Proposal," it's been claimed.
Boston Herald who originally reported the crash story wrote Bullock and Jesse were being driven home for the evening at around 9:50 P.M. in a 2008 Chevy Suburban when a 2001 Subaru Forester station wagon which was driven by Lucile P. Gatchell, 64, of Gloucester jumped lanes on East Main Street and smashed into their front end. Both vehicles were totaled, luckily no one was hurt.
A field sobriety test was quickly performed on Lucile by officers responding to the scene and it showed a blood-alcohol level of 0.20 percent, more than twice the legal limit of 0.08 percent, Gloucester Police Lt. Gerry Cook said. Lucile was thus arrested, taken to the station, and booked on driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to stay in marked lanes. She was released on her own recognition and will be arraigned on the charges Tuesday, April 22.
Lucile didn't know who she hit, until the arresting officer told her. She declined to comment on the accident when being reached over the phone by Boston Herald reporter. Bullock and Jesse, according to police and a witness, embraced on a sidewalk after the car collision and onlookers snapped pictures of the Hollywood couple.
"The Proposal", of comedy-romantic genre, sees Bullock being in the same scene with Ryan Reynolds and Malin Akerman among others. The film is expected to be released on September 25, 2009.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March