Foxy Brown Walked Out from Prison in Style, Feeling Incredible
A number of photographers and fans as well as family members all gathered outside of New York's Rikers Island on Friday, April 18 to greet Foxy Brown who was released from the prison after serving eight months of a yearlong sentence for a series of probation violations. Made her way out of the pokey at about 12:05 P.M., the female rap star was escorted by police into her waiting white Rolls Royce Phantom.
Brown's mother, Judith Marchand, New York City councilman Charles Barron and a hair and makeup artist were seen among the well-wishers who had come to cheer the singer on. Some of the fans were even spotted bearing signs reading "Welcome home" and T-shirts stating "Free Foxy Brown."
Brown herself was all smile. She was spotted sporting a brown leather jacket, a gold cross, blue jeans, and a dotted scarf over her hair. She in between times also took time out to hug and take pictures with several fans. The scene reportedly was captured on film and about to be used for Brown's forthcoming reality VH1 TV show, which will show her adjusting to life on the outside.
Brown was initially sentenced to three years probation in October 2006 for assaulting two workers at a Manhattan nail salon back in 2004. She however was sent to one year in prison in September 2007 for violating the terms of her probation agreement. In October Brown was placed in solitary confinement after being disciplined for a scuffle, verbal assault toward prison officials and her refusal to take a drug test. Then in January, she asked for early release to treat an ear condition she feared could threaten her hearing. Judge denied her request though.
Shortly after her early prison release on Friday, Brown spoke exclusively to MTV News, saying prison was a life-changing experience for her. "Oh man, it feels effin' incredible!" so she said, adding "I'm so excited and so happy. I'm so happy to be home. My freedom. I have a whole newfound respect for my freedom. Little things I would take for granted. I'm like, 'Oh my God, a Snickers bar, oh my God!' It's an incredible feeling. I feel really good."
Now that she's a free woman, Brown is expected to make some promotional rounds to support her delayed new album, "Brooklyn's Don Diva," which is due to marry the street May 13.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert