2008 MTV Movie Awards Held Spoof Contest
MTV are giving their fans a chance to win their own MTV Movie Awards. In the wave of the upcoming award event, MTV announced that they have teamed up with Mark Burnett Productions in creating a special contest for anyone interested as they launched the "2008 MTV Movie Spoof Contest" through which any aspiring filmmakers as well as amateur comedians may get the opportunity to attend the event and even win a Golden Popcorn statuette.
To be eligible for the spoof contest, a contestant only has to create a three-minutes long movie spoof that does not contain any copyrighted music or video. The short parody scenes can be inspired from the films released over the last year. The video then should be submitted before May 11, 2008 at 11:59 P.M. ET via one of MTV's partner sites. The sites included are Break, Buzznet, Daily Motion, Funny Or Die, Heavy, MySpace or Photobucket . It should be noticed though that contestants should upload their video to one of the sites only.
From each of the seven sites, one finalist is chosen to go to the final round. The finalists chosen have secured their chance to be flown to Los Angeles to attend the show as well as to bring home a Flip Video camcorder. Further, from the seven finalists, an ultimate winner, who gets the most votes on MTV.com, will be awarded with the Best Movie Spoof prize at the big show at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on June 1. The announcement of the finalists will be done on May 19, 2008 and the viewers would get the chance to vote for their favorite video until May 26 at 11:59 P.M. PT.
On the special contest, the President of MTV Networks Music, Logo and Films Group, Van Toffler, stated, "The MTV Movie Awards is the only awards show that offers an opportunity for regular Joes and Janes to rub elbows with megastars. These partnerships with key sites to create the '2008 MTV Movie Spoof Contest' allow everyday viral video visionaries to share their twisted genius with their film idols and peers around the world." Meanwhile, on the 2008 MTV Movie Awards itself, it is reported that the nominees will be announced sometime in May 2008.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms