New 'Iron Man' on the Run for 'The Avengers'
Robert Downey Jr.'s fans can put up their hope of seeing more of the "Zodiac" star as he is rumored to be portraying popular superhero character "Iron Man" in "The Avengers". In an interview with MovieHole, the director of "Iron Man", Jon Favreau, hinted that the 43-year-old actor maybe reprising his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man in the various superheroes movie.
According to the site, the director is pretty sure that Downey Jr. may return as the hero in the film based on the Marvel's comic book of the same title. "Downey Jr may be back as Iron Man - possibly even in a film that unites many of the Marvel superheroes. "The Avengers," based on the comic book title of the same name, sees several classic heroes coming together. It's been in early development for a few months now. Favreau believes it'll definitely happen," read the article.
On the possibility, the site pointed on what Favreau stated about "Avengers". "The fact that Marvel now have the rights to these characters, that would make up the members of The Avengers, rather than have them scattered among various Hollywood studios, makes it very possible. Before, you couldn't have Spider-Man and X-Men in the same movie, but now that Marvel is reacquiring the rights to so many of these characters, you can unite characters. I think that after a few of these franchises have done a few movies, they can team them up for an Avengers movie, where they're bringing those people together and doing something on a larger scale," so the filmmaker claimed.
In the interview, Favreau also insisted that Downey Jr. is the perfect actor to portray the character. "[Downey Jr] was defining the first movie for Marvel Studios Production slate. The jury's still out on whether making such a bold move is going to be accepted by the fans, and the movie community," he explained. "I think it's like when you heard Johnny Depp got cast in Pirates [of the Caribbean] - suddenly people that wouldn't have otherwise had been interested in seeing a movie based on a Disneyland theme park ride, were."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch