Will Smith Launching New HQ Music Video Site
Despite being away from the music scene for a couple of years now, Will Smith is still looking forward to the development of the industry. The actor who started off as a rapper and his entertainment group Overbrook Entertainment have set up a new website called PluggedIn that will accommodate music videos in high quality.
The website which is based in Santa Monica offers free music videos only from popular artists such as Green Day, Coldplay, Norah Jones, and Gwen Stefani. The clips which made up over 10,000 in quantity will use a new format called MoveMediaPlayer that enables full-length and high-quality view.
Users can also create their own account on the page and show off their favorite videos and artists. In the mean time, the videos are not available for embedding but reports are saying that they will be embeddable soon.
Smith is only one of the many investors chipping in for this project. Universal Music group, EMI and Sony BMG are also behind the site. The investment, according to Washington Post, is estimated up to $2 million.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says