Will Smith Launching New HQ Music Video Site
Despite being away from the music scene for a couple of years now, Will Smith is still looking forward to the development of the industry. The actor who started off as a rapper and his entertainment group Overbrook Entertainment have set up a new website called PluggedIn that will accommodate music videos in high quality.
The website which is based in Santa Monica offers free music videos only from popular artists such as Green Day, Coldplay, Norah Jones, and Gwen Stefani. The clips which made up over 10,000 in quantity will use a new format called MoveMediaPlayer that enables full-length and high-quality view.
Users can also create their own account on the page and show off their favorite videos and artists. In the mean time, the videos are not available for embedding but reports are saying that they will be embeddable soon.
Smith is only one of the many investors chipping in for this project. Universal Music group, EMI and Sony BMG are also behind the site. The investment, according to Washington Post, is estimated up to $2 million.
More Will Smith News
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper