Will Smith Launching New HQ Music Video Site
Despite being away from the music scene for a couple of years now, Will Smith is still looking forward to the development of the industry. The actor who started off as a rapper and his entertainment group Overbrook Entertainment have set up a new website called PluggedIn that will accommodate music videos in high quality.
The website which is based in Santa Monica offers free music videos only from popular artists such as Green Day, Coldplay, Norah Jones, and Gwen Stefani. The clips which made up over 10,000 in quantity will use a new format called MoveMediaPlayer that enables full-length and high-quality view.
Users can also create their own account on the page and show off their favorite videos and artists. In the mean time, the videos are not available for embedding but reports are saying that they will be embeddable soon.
Smith is only one of the many investors chipping in for this project. Universal Music group, EMI and Sony BMG are also behind the site. The investment, according to Washington Post, is estimated up to $2 million.
More Will Smith News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child