Will Smith Launching New HQ Music Video Site
Despite being away from the music scene for a couple of years now, Will Smith is still looking forward to the development of the industry. The actor who started off as a rapper and his entertainment group Overbrook Entertainment have set up a new website called PluggedIn that will accommodate music videos in high quality.
The website which is based in Santa Monica offers free music videos only from popular artists such as Green Day, Coldplay, Norah Jones, and Gwen Stefani. The clips which made up over 10,000 in quantity will use a new format called MoveMediaPlayer that enables full-length and high-quality view.
Users can also create their own account on the page and show off their favorite videos and artists. In the mean time, the videos are not available for embedding but reports are saying that they will be embeddable soon.
Smith is only one of the many investors chipping in for this project. Universal Music group, EMI and Sony BMG are also behind the site. The investment, according to Washington Post, is estimated up to $2 million.
More Will Smith News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert