Will Smith Launching New HQ Music Video Site
Despite being away from the music scene for a couple of years now, Will Smith is still looking forward to the development of the industry. The actor who started off as a rapper and his entertainment group Overbrook Entertainment have set up a new website called PluggedIn that will accommodate music videos in high quality.
The website which is based in Santa Monica offers free music videos only from popular artists such as Green Day, Coldplay, Norah Jones, and Gwen Stefani. The clips which made up over 10,000 in quantity will use a new format called MoveMediaPlayer that enables full-length and high-quality view.
Users can also create their own account on the page and show off their favorite videos and artists. In the mean time, the videos are not available for embedding but reports are saying that they will be embeddable soon.
Smith is only one of the many investors chipping in for this project. Universal Music group, EMI and Sony BMG are also behind the site. The investment, according to Washington Post, is estimated up to $2 million.
More Will Smith News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'