Gwyneth Paltrow Admits Battle with Post-Partum Depression
Gwyneth Paltrow revealed in the May 2008 issue of Vogue Magazine that she battled postpartum depression after welcoming her second child, son Moses, way back in 2006. "You know, I had postnatal depression after Moses," she was quoted as saying.
Opening up about the battle, the Oscar-winning actress claimed she "didn't know I had it until after it was over. I just didn't know what was wrong with me." Detailing on her postpartum depression, Gwyneth said that after giving birth to Moses she "felt really out of my body" adding "I felt really disconnected. I felt really down ... I felt pessimistic."
Gwyneth and her musician husband Chris Martin of band Coldplay are parents to daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin. The couple recently were hit with break-up reports. Gwyneth, nevertheless, blamed the reports and called them as "ridiculous."
Her mother, Blythe Danner, also quashed the break up reports, telling People that Gwyneth and Martin "are really happily married."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal