Gwyneth Paltrow Admits Battle with Post-Partum Depression
Gwyneth Paltrow revealed in the May 2008 issue of Vogue Magazine that she battled postpartum depression after welcoming her second child, son Moses, way back in 2006. "You know, I had postnatal depression after Moses," she was quoted as saying.
Opening up about the battle, the Oscar-winning actress claimed she "didn't know I had it until after it was over. I just didn't know what was wrong with me." Detailing on her postpartum depression, Gwyneth said that after giving birth to Moses she "felt really out of my body" adding "I felt really disconnected. I felt really down ... I felt pessimistic."
Gwyneth and her musician husband Chris Martin of band Coldplay are parents to daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin. The couple recently were hit with break-up reports. Gwyneth, nevertheless, blamed the reports and called them as "ridiculous."
Her mother, Blythe Danner, also quashed the break up reports, telling People that Gwyneth and Martin "are really happily married."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance