Gwyneth Paltrow Admits Battle with Post-Partum Depression
Gwyneth Paltrow revealed in the May 2008 issue of Vogue Magazine that she battled postpartum depression after welcoming her second child, son Moses, way back in 2006. "You know, I had postnatal depression after Moses," she was quoted as saying.
Opening up about the battle, the Oscar-winning actress claimed she "didn't know I had it until after it was over. I just didn't know what was wrong with me." Detailing on her postpartum depression, Gwyneth said that after giving birth to Moses she "felt really out of my body" adding "I felt really disconnected. I felt really down ... I felt pessimistic."
Gwyneth and her musician husband Chris Martin of band Coldplay are parents to daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin. The couple recently were hit with break-up reports. Gwyneth, nevertheless, blamed the reports and called them as "ridiculous."
Her mother, Blythe Danner, also quashed the break up reports, telling People that Gwyneth and Martin "are really happily married."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation