Jane's Addiction Reuniting With Original Bassist for NME Awards
Jane's Addiction are taking their original bassist back to the clan. Eric Avery is confirmed reuniting with guitarist Dave Navarro, vocalist Perry Farrell and drummer Stephen Perkins though it is still for a "one night only" bill.
The four piece will take the stage at U.S. NME Awards on April 23, the date where they will perform together for the first time since 1991. The event which is held at Los Angeles' El Rey Theater will see the band being rewarded NME's Godlike Genius Award as well as performing three songs which are not listed yet.
"I've chosen to reject the prospects of reuniting in the past for personal and philosophical reasons. I have always considered reunions to be a way to make a quick buck, and it sells short my own experience of it the first time around," Avery said in a statement. "The reason I started to even consider this is because it's honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it."
Avery has made a solo album called "Help Wanted" post parting with the band in 1991. His position as bassist was survived by Flea, Martyn LeNoble and Chris Chaney later on.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame