Jane's Addiction Reuniting With Original Bassist for NME Awards
Jane's Addiction are taking their original bassist back to the clan. Eric Avery is confirmed reuniting with guitarist Dave Navarro, vocalist Perry Farrell and drummer Stephen Perkins though it is still for a "one night only" bill.
The four piece will take the stage at U.S. NME Awards on April 23, the date where they will perform together for the first time since 1991. The event which is held at Los Angeles' El Rey Theater will see the band being rewarded NME's Godlike Genius Award as well as performing three songs which are not listed yet.
"I've chosen to reject the prospects of reuniting in the past for personal and philosophical reasons. I have always considered reunions to be a way to make a quick buck, and it sells short my own experience of it the first time around," Avery said in a statement. "The reason I started to even consider this is because it's honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it."
Avery has made a solo album called "Help Wanted" post parting with the band in 1991. His position as bassist was survived by Flea, Martyn LeNoble and Chris Chaney later on.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie