Jane's Addiction Reuniting With Original Bassist for NME Awards
Jane's Addiction are taking their original bassist back to the clan. Eric Avery is confirmed reuniting with guitarist Dave Navarro, vocalist Perry Farrell and drummer Stephen Perkins though it is still for a "one night only" bill.
The four piece will take the stage at U.S. NME Awards on April 23, the date where they will perform together for the first time since 1991. The event which is held at Los Angeles' El Rey Theater will see the band being rewarded NME's Godlike Genius Award as well as performing three songs which are not listed yet.
"I've chosen to reject the prospects of reuniting in the past for personal and philosophical reasons. I have always considered reunions to be a way to make a quick buck, and it sells short my own experience of it the first time around," Avery said in a statement. "The reason I started to even consider this is because it's honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it."
Avery has made a solo album called "Help Wanted" post parting with the band in 1991. His position as bassist was survived by Flea, Martyn LeNoble and Chris Chaney later on.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell