British Songstress Estelle Promoting AIDS Awareness with MTV and Body Shop
Is a West London native who rose to prominence in the U.K. with her hit single "American Boy," featuring Kanye West, Estelle is cashing in on her fame to do good deed for the society. The songstress is teaming up with both MTV and Body Shop to help increase AIDS awareness and education the world over as part of the "Move Your Lips" campaign, VH1 reports.
Help promoting the cause, Estelle has signed on to be the spokesperson for Staying Alive Foundation, which is MTV's initiative which aim is to promote AIDS awareness. How to take part in the cause? Simply buy Body Shop's $8 Guarana Lip Butter limited edition and people will have $5 of each purchase to be donated to the Staying Alive Foundation.
On her being involved in the effort, Estelle commented "I've seen people physically die from AIDS. We just want you to be around until it's time," adding that it's an effort "close to my heart."
In addition to "American Boy," which has been dominating the #1 spot on the British singles chart, Estelle also has another new single "No Substitute Love." Both songs appear on her sophomore effort, titled "Shine," which is scheduled to hit the market on April 29.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy