British Songstress Estelle Promoting AIDS Awareness with MTV and Body Shop
Is a West London native who rose to prominence in the U.K. with her hit single "American Boy," featuring Kanye West, Estelle is cashing in on her fame to do good deed for the society. The songstress is teaming up with both MTV and Body Shop to help increase AIDS awareness and education the world over as part of the "Move Your Lips" campaign, VH1 reports.
Help promoting the cause, Estelle has signed on to be the spokesperson for Staying Alive Foundation, which is MTV's initiative which aim is to promote AIDS awareness. How to take part in the cause? Simply buy Body Shop's $8 Guarana Lip Butter limited edition and people will have $5 of each purchase to be donated to the Staying Alive Foundation.
On her being involved in the effort, Estelle commented "I've seen people physically die from AIDS. We just want you to be around until it's time," adding that it's an effort "close to my heart."
In addition to "American Boy," which has been dominating the #1 spot on the British singles chart, Estelle also has another new single "No Substitute Love." Both songs appear on her sophomore effort, titled "Shine," which is scheduled to hit the market on April 29.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal