Slim Thug Cut Ties With Interscope, to Drop New LP
Slim Thug is the latest artist to cut ties with the label. The rapper announced through an interview with MTV that he should be off the deal with Interscope/Star Trak Records by the end of this week and will release his new album independently. The Houston native however dismissed any conflict with the label, saying that there was "no hard feelings".
Thug, real name Stayve Jerome Thomas said that the bosses in Interscope heard his pleas for bigger freedom and therefore let him off the hook. "I sat down with the general manager," he said. "Really, I just sat down and told them, 'Y'all over here don't understand the type of music I do, and y'all hold me back while y'all trying to get your situation together. I ain't really got that time to sit on the sideline while you do this. Let me pay y'all. Y'all gave me all this money. Listen, I'll give y'all some money off the new album.'"
The sophomore effort from the rapper is called "Boss of All Bosses" and will be released in late Summer. "It's gonna be different. You gonna hear a lot more Houston records," Thug elaborated. "The feedback I got from my fans (about the) last album was that they wanted to hear a lot more Houston records. So I worked with people out of Houston, a bunch of producers I came up with. I did, like, 30 songs with these cats, so I really got the album done. I'm gonna get, like, two from Pharrell (Williams) and maybe work with a few other big producers, but keep it Houston."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?