Slim Thug Cut Ties With Interscope, to Drop New LP
Slim Thug is the latest artist to cut ties with the label. The rapper announced through an interview with MTV that he should be off the deal with Interscope/Star Trak Records by the end of this week and will release his new album independently. The Houston native however dismissed any conflict with the label, saying that there was "no hard feelings".
Thug, real name Stayve Jerome Thomas said that the bosses in Interscope heard his pleas for bigger freedom and therefore let him off the hook. "I sat down with the general manager," he said. "Really, I just sat down and told them, 'Y'all over here don't understand the type of music I do, and y'all hold me back while y'all trying to get your situation together. I ain't really got that time to sit on the sideline while you do this. Let me pay y'all. Y'all gave me all this money. Listen, I'll give y'all some money off the new album.'"
The sophomore effort from the rapper is called "Boss of All Bosses" and will be released in late Summer. "It's gonna be different. You gonna hear a lot more Houston records," Thug elaborated. "The feedback I got from my fans (about the) last album was that they wanted to hear a lot more Houston records. So I worked with people out of Houston, a bunch of producers I came up with. I did, like, 30 songs with these cats, so I really got the album done. I'm gonna get, like, two from Pharrell (Williams) and maybe work with a few other big producers, but keep it Houston."
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares