PETA Sent Newlyweds Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z Wedding Gift
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) gives Beyonce Knowles a special treat. The animal rights group has called off a ceasefire against the popstar after noting she hasn't been wearing fur this season and declaring that "she's clean". It, above all, gives the singer and her supposed husband Jay-Z a fake fur throw as a wedding present.
"From all of us at PETA, we wish you much happiness in your life together," PETA Senior VP Lisa Lange wrote in a card the animal welfare group sent to the celebrity couple. "Please accept this faux-fur throw with many good wishes and a hope from us that together, you'll be a fur-free couple!"
Beyonce has previously been targeted by PETA for frequently wearing real animal furs. Last year, she was even confronted by PETA in a posh New York restaurant and forced to watch a video of an animal being skinned for its fur.
Now that she's no longer wearing fur, Lisa Lange commented, "Celebrities know that the easiest way to keep PETA off their backs is by keeping fur off their backs. Time will tell if Beyonce is truly committed to being fur-free, but all indications are that she's become a real 'dreamgirl' for fur-bearing animals."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris