PETA Sent Newlyweds Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z Wedding Gift
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) gives Beyonce Knowles a special treat. The animal rights group has called off a ceasefire against the popstar after noting she hasn't been wearing fur this season and declaring that "she's clean". It, above all, gives the singer and her supposed husband Jay-Z a fake fur throw as a wedding present.
"From all of us at PETA, we wish you much happiness in your life together," PETA Senior VP Lisa Lange wrote in a card the animal welfare group sent to the celebrity couple. "Please accept this faux-fur throw with many good wishes and a hope from us that together, you'll be a fur-free couple!"
Beyonce has previously been targeted by PETA for frequently wearing real animal furs. Last year, she was even confronted by PETA in a posh New York restaurant and forced to watch a video of an animal being skinned for its fur.
Now that she's no longer wearing fur, Lisa Lange commented, "Celebrities know that the easiest way to keep PETA off their backs is by keeping fur off their backs. Time will tell if Beyonce is truly committed to being fur-free, but all indications are that she's become a real 'dreamgirl' for fur-bearing animals."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018