Travis Barker Settled Lawsuit Against Rockstar Energy Drink, Tentatively
Travis Barker has settled a lawsuit he brought in January against Rockstar energy drink company for illegally using his name and image. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed in court papers filed Friday, April 11 in Superior Court since the deal was still tentative.
The agreement is expected to take about 45 days before a Los Angeles Superior Court finally signs it off. Another hearing for the case has been scheduled for Thursday, April 17.
Barker's lawyer, Gregory Weisman, said his client and Rockstar were still working out terms. He declined to elaborate further details until the deal is completed. Rockstar Beverage Corp.'s attorney, elsewhere, did not immediately return a call seeking for comment.
Barker is a drummer who achieved most of his fame by drumming for the band Blink-182. He is currently the drummer for +44 and has also played for side projects Box Car Racer, Transplants and Expensive Taste.
He filed a lawsuit against RockStar energy drink company on January 16, alleged its Website published a photo of him "holding a can of one of Rockstar's beverages, and identifying him and his endorsement by name" without his consent.
Initially accused the company of invasion of privacy, unfair competition and misappropriating his likeness to promote the product, Barker who identified himself as "a prominent figure in the rock music world," thus was seeking unspecified punitive and statutory damages.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO