Travis Barker Settled Lawsuit Against Rockstar Energy Drink, Tentatively
Travis Barker has settled a lawsuit he brought in January against Rockstar energy drink company for illegally using his name and image. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed in court papers filed Friday, April 11 in Superior Court since the deal was still tentative.
The agreement is expected to take about 45 days before a Los Angeles Superior Court finally signs it off. Another hearing for the case has been scheduled for Thursday, April 17.
Barker's lawyer, Gregory Weisman, said his client and Rockstar were still working out terms. He declined to elaborate further details until the deal is completed. Rockstar Beverage Corp.'s attorney, elsewhere, did not immediately return a call seeking for comment.
Barker is a drummer who achieved most of his fame by drumming for the band Blink-182. He is currently the drummer for +44 and has also played for side projects Box Car Racer, Transplants and Expensive Taste.
He filed a lawsuit against RockStar energy drink company on January 16, alleged its Website published a photo of him "holding a can of one of Rockstar's beverages, and identifying him and his endorsement by name" without his consent.
Initially accused the company of invasion of privacy, unfair competition and misappropriating his likeness to promote the product, Barker who identified himself as "a prominent figure in the rock music world," thus was seeking unspecified punitive and statutory damages.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off