Travis Barker Settled Lawsuit Against Rockstar Energy Drink, Tentatively
Travis Barker has settled a lawsuit he brought in January against Rockstar energy drink company for illegally using his name and image. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed in court papers filed Friday, April 11 in Superior Court since the deal was still tentative.
The agreement is expected to take about 45 days before a Los Angeles Superior Court finally signs it off. Another hearing for the case has been scheduled for Thursday, April 17.
Barker's lawyer, Gregory Weisman, said his client and Rockstar were still working out terms. He declined to elaborate further details until the deal is completed. Rockstar Beverage Corp.'s attorney, elsewhere, did not immediately return a call seeking for comment.
Barker is a drummer who achieved most of his fame by drumming for the band Blink-182. He is currently the drummer for +44 and has also played for side projects Box Car Racer, Transplants and Expensive Taste.
He filed a lawsuit against RockStar energy drink company on January 16, alleged its Website published a photo of him "holding a can of one of Rockstar's beverages, and identifying him and his endorsement by name" without his consent.
Initially accused the company of invasion of privacy, unfair competition and misappropriating his likeness to promote the product, Barker who identified himself as "a prominent figure in the rock music world," thus was seeking unspecified punitive and statutory damages.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard