Travis Barker Settled Lawsuit Against Rockstar Energy Drink, Tentatively
Travis Barker has settled a lawsuit he brought in January against Rockstar energy drink company for illegally using his name and image. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed in court papers filed Friday, April 11 in Superior Court since the deal was still tentative.
The agreement is expected to take about 45 days before a Los Angeles Superior Court finally signs it off. Another hearing for the case has been scheduled for Thursday, April 17.
Barker's lawyer, Gregory Weisman, said his client and Rockstar were still working out terms. He declined to elaborate further details until the deal is completed. Rockstar Beverage Corp.'s attorney, elsewhere, did not immediately return a call seeking for comment.
Barker is a drummer who achieved most of his fame by drumming for the band Blink-182. He is currently the drummer for +44 and has also played for side projects Box Car Racer, Transplants and Expensive Taste.
He filed a lawsuit against RockStar energy drink company on January 16, alleged its Website published a photo of him "holding a can of one of Rockstar's beverages, and identifying him and his endorsement by name" without his consent.
Initially accused the company of invasion of privacy, unfair competition and misappropriating his likeness to promote the product, Barker who identified himself as "a prominent figure in the rock music world," thus was seeking unspecified punitive and statutory damages.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story