Britney Spears Passed Field Sobriety Test in Minor Chain-Reaction Collision
While the news media were inundated with reports on Britney Spears' minor highway accident, occurred on Saturday evening, April 12 in the Los Angeles area, new claim has just surfaced that the pop star passed the field sobriety test the CHP officers performed on her soon following the fender bender. TMZ cited a CHP representative as saying there was "no odor, nor any kind of erratic behavior" that could have suggested Britney was under the influence during her three-car collision.
Britney, according to various reports, was driving her 2008 white Mercedes northbound on the 405 connector to the 101 freeway when the collision occurred at just after 8 P.M. Saturday night. According to the accident report, "The collision occurred when the driver of the Mercedes, driving in the #3 lane, in stop and go traffic failed to observe the vehicle directly ahead of her come to a complete stop. She attempted to brake but failed to stop her vehicle prior to colliding into the rear of the Nissan [in front of her]." And so, the Nissan collided into another car, which was not damaged.
No drivers were cited and "nobody was injured," according to the report.
Taking into account the time the accident took place, officers on the scene then performed one field sobriety test on Britney, about which the CHP representative said officers only "do a standard check on most drivers, especially during those hours." The test, in fact, turned out negative.
Following the accident, Britney had dinner at Italian hot spot Dominick's in West Hollywood with her mother Lynne Spears and Lynne's friend Jackie, and then was back at her Mulholland Drive-adjacent home within the Summit gated community by 11 P.M., a source told E! News.
No words just yet from Britney or her people about the incident.
More Britney Spears News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2