Bobby V Left Def Jam to Go Independent
As part of his transition to become an independent artist, Bobby V announced that he is no longer bound to Disturbing Tha Peace or Def Jam. In an interview with DJBooth.net, the R 'n' B singer said that he is on the verge of making himself the mastermind of his soon-to-be-released EP, "Come With Me".
Bobby said that the decision was peaceful and that it was made after a discussion with Chaka Zulu and DTP's head Ludacris. "The decision to leave was totally mine," he said. "I sat down with Ludacris and Chaka Zulu, and I explained to them that it was time for me to venture out on my own. They had no problem with it; they are cool with it, no beef at all."
He also cited that the years of being under the labels have given him the much-required experience that can propel him to go independent. He said, "I learned a lot, but everybody at DTP and Def Jam gave me the opportunity to kinda step out on faith and do my own thing. So that's my goal right now, is kinda trying to do my own thing. I went to college, I have a college degree, so I'm really tryin' to put all of that into effect. I'm really tryin' to be a businessman as well as an artist."
"Come With Me" is produced by Bobby himself with the assistance of Bill Jabar. It will be put out before he releases a full-length album entitled "Underground Love" which will be dropped "probably August or early September, at the end of the summer." The first single from the album would be "Your Smile" that features Lil Wayne and has been garnering airplays.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family