Debunking Rumors, Rose McGowan Still Robert Rodriguez's 'Barbarella'
Answering to the rumors claiming that Universal Pictures didn't want her in the forthcoming sci-fi action remake "Barbarella", Rose McGowan came clean about the matter. To MTV News, the co-star of Alyssa Milano in television series "Charmed" revealed that the speculation hold no truth in it and that she will still take the titular character in the movie.
In an interview with the music network, the "Grindhouse" actress expressed her annoyance to the rumor that she might be replaced by bigger Hollywood actresses, such as Jessica Alba or Nicole Kidman. "[The news that I was out] was really irritating because I know all the people over there and obviously it wasn't true. It was very malicious and there was no proof," the 34-year-old actress commented. "Oftentimes these things have basis in truth but this didn't. I have contracts to prove it."
The actress further noted that she even has got half of the set and costume made for her. "Half of the sets have been built. The costumes are done," explained the "The Black Dahlia" actress. She added that she has even got her own spaceship stating, "I've got part of a spaceship built for me!" On the filming of the movie itself, she remarked that it might be delayed due to the possible SAG strike since the shooting "wouldn't be able to be finished before June which is when the next strike might happen".
Directed by Robert Rodriguez, "Barbarella" is a remake to the 1968 sci-fi film helmed by Roger Vadim and starred by Jane Fonda. The film is based on the French Barbarella comics from Jean-Claude Forest. It resolves around a female mercenary who faces numerous adventures while undertaking mission that let her to be on a journey around the galaxy.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski