Fergie, Jennifer Hudson On Board 'Sex and the City' Soundtrack
The soundtrack of "Sex and the City" the movie is revamped with the appearances of two award-winning singers. The flick's director Michael Patrick King revealed to Entertainment Weekly that Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie and Jennifer Hudson are chipping in their voices in the soundtrack album. The latter is known to be one of the cast in the movie, playing the main character's assistant.
Fergie is tackling a number titled "Labels & Love" which will be made the opening credit. King said that Fergie agreed to contribute in the soundtrack after she was shown the movie. "It's an entirely new song with lyrics, but it has the 'Sex and the City' theme as the DNA - on steroids," King elaborated on the sound of the song.
Meanwhile, Hudson who plays a "young, sweet girl" in the movie, sings "All Dressed Up in Love" which is penned by Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo and MC Jack Splash. It will be played during the film's end credit. "She sings it like nobody's business," King gushed.
"Sex and the City" is developed from its successful TV series, starring all the original four main cast; Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis, Kim Cattrall, and Cynthia Nixon. It will be released on May 30 by New Line Cinema. The soundtrack meanwhile, will be released on May 27 via New Line Records and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance