Jay-Z's Protege Rihanna Had No Idea About His Wedding to Beyonce Knowles
Just like many of Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' friends and colleagues, Rihanna also had no idea about the couple's hush-hush nuptials, which was widely believed to be held on April 4 at the hip hop artist's New York apartment. The "Umbrella" singer told People at the Escada Moon Sparkle/Island Def Jam benefit for her Believe Foundation and the world's largest bone marrow donor center DKMS earlier this week, "I didn't know! No one knew!"
Rihanna is Jay-Z's protege. He helped co-writing the smash hit "Umbrella" for her third studio album, "Good Girl Gone Bad" which was released in 2007. On February 10, 2008 she won the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Grammy with Jay-Z for "Umbrella".
Working together on the single, the twosome developed such a close relationship which once prompted rumors of a romance. Rihanna quashed the rumors though.
Also spoke of her "just friend" Chris Brown who was out for the gig, Rihanna said "Chris said it was a good show. He really enjoyed it."
After the show Rihanna met with several young bone marrow transplant patients, telling 15-year-old Camila Mera, "You are so beautiful."
More Rihanna News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences