Jay-Z's Protege Rihanna Had No Idea About His Wedding to Beyonce Knowles
Just like many of Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' friends and colleagues, Rihanna also had no idea about the couple's hush-hush nuptials, which was widely believed to be held on April 4 at the hip hop artist's New York apartment. The "Umbrella" singer told People at the Escada Moon Sparkle/Island Def Jam benefit for her Believe Foundation and the world's largest bone marrow donor center DKMS earlier this week, "I didn't know! No one knew!"
Rihanna is Jay-Z's protege. He helped co-writing the smash hit "Umbrella" for her third studio album, "Good Girl Gone Bad" which was released in 2007. On February 10, 2008 she won the Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Grammy with Jay-Z for "Umbrella".
Working together on the single, the twosome developed such a close relationship which once prompted rumors of a romance. Rihanna quashed the rumors though.
Also spoke of her "just friend" Chris Brown who was out for the gig, Rihanna said "Chris said it was a good show. He really enjoyed it."
After the show Rihanna met with several young bone marrow transplant patients, telling 15-year-old Camila Mera, "You are so beautiful."
More Rihanna News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding