Rapper Vanilla Ice Released from Police Custody
From a prisoner to free man. Vanilla Ice was released from a Palm Beach County, Fla., jail Friday, April 11 following his arrest the day before for alleged domestic battery.
Made a court appearance on Friday morning, Ice was released on his own recognition. Criminal Court Justice Nancy Perez placed him on supervised release without bond and ordered him to stay away from wife Laura Van Winkle until a final decision is being made in the case. He was allowed to have contact with Laura only by phone.
"I love my wife and I know she feels bad about this," Ice told Nancy Perez, who then wished him luck.
Teri Barbera, spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, told E! News that Ice "faces one count of simple domestic battery and will now enter the Palm Beach County Supervised Own Recognizance program," which requires him to live apart from his wife and have no contact with her except by phone. He was granted visitation with their two children, Dusti Rain and Keelee Breeze "as long as he's in the presence of his neighbor, Frank Morales."
Ice, additionally, was also allowed to pay a onetime visit to his and Laura's Wellington home "escorted by a police officer to collect his personal effects. Otherwise, he must stay away until the domestic battery charge is resolved."
More Vanilla Ice News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO