Elton John Raised Huge Cash for Hilary Clinton's Campaign
Elton John has slipped as many as $2.5 million to Hilary Clinton's pocket for her presidential campaign. The British singer performed at New York's Radio City Music Hall on Wednesday, April 9 to raise fund for the senator, opening the set with "Your Song" and making time to sing his hits like "Rocket Man" and "Daniel".
While there Elton made his purpose more audible, stating that no one is a better candidate to lead U.S. other than Hilary who is the wife of former U.S. president Bill Clinton. "Having said that, I never cease to be amazed at the misogynistic attitude of some people in this country," Elton told the crowd. "And I say to hell with them, The reason I'm here tonight is to play music, but more importantly as someone who comes from abroad, and is in America quite a lot of the time (and) is extremely interested in the political process because it effects the whole world."
Tickets were sold ranging from $125 to $2,300. Those who donated more than $10,000, got the chance to meet Elton, Hillary and her husband Bill Clinton in a private session.
Self-confessed a Hilary fan, Elton was also given the honor by Hilary who attended the event and gave the introduction to the singer. Hilary who became acquainted with Elton during a White House dinner years ago, said that she may not be able to sing but "what I want you to know is 'I'm still standing"'.
The New York senator who receives strong competition from Illinois' Barack Obama also said, "I believe this country is worth fighting for. So we're taking our campaign to Pennsylvania (where voting will take place April 22) and all the states that haven't voted."
Elton John's Fundraising Concert for Hilary Clinton:
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3