Offered 'Justice League' Film, 'Juno' Director Turned It Down
Amidst all the rumors surrounding the upcoming superhero flick "Justice League Mortal", a new report claimed that Jason Reitman, the director of acclaimed drama comedy "Juno", had been offered to tackle the Warner Bros. Pictures' project, but came quick to decline it. According to Slash Film, the 30-year-old filmmaker has admitted his refusal to direct the project in an interview.
The movie news site reported that the man behind the award-nominated satire film "Thank You for Smoking" revealed that he had been persuaded to helm the Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney-written film to Howard Stern on the Howard Stern Show on Thursday, April 10. When asked how the script was, allegedly Reiman stated that the film wouldn't be a great one. "What am I going to do with Justice League of America? So Basically I'll make a movie that is not as good as X-Men, then I'll be the guy who made a movie not as good as X-Men," explained the writer/director.
Further, Reitman also reasoned that he is not the kind of director who will jump off on any chances to make a feature film. "Right now I'm thought of as a particular type of director. I've got an oscar nomination. I've made two indie films that play film festivals that are considered thoughtful," said the Canadian director. "I want to stay in that world, I like making those type of films."
"Mortal" was earlier known by the name of "Justice League of America". The film is rumored to be starred by Adam Brody, Armie Hammer, Megan Gale, Common as well as Hayden Christensen. It has been set to be directed by George Miller and is expected to come in theaters in 2009.
More Justice League News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'