Offered 'Justice League' Film, 'Juno' Director Turned It Down
Amidst all the rumors surrounding the upcoming superhero flick "Justice League Mortal", a new report claimed that Jason Reitman, the director of acclaimed drama comedy "Juno", had been offered to tackle the Warner Bros. Pictures' project, but came quick to decline it. According to Slash Film, the 30-year-old filmmaker has admitted his refusal to direct the project in an interview.
The movie news site reported that the man behind the award-nominated satire film "Thank You for Smoking" revealed that he had been persuaded to helm the Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney-written film to Howard Stern on the Howard Stern Show on Thursday, April 10. When asked how the script was, allegedly Reiman stated that the film wouldn't be a great one. "What am I going to do with Justice League of America? So Basically I'll make a movie that is not as good as X-Men, then I'll be the guy who made a movie not as good as X-Men," explained the writer/director.
Further, Reitman also reasoned that he is not the kind of director who will jump off on any chances to make a feature film. "Right now I'm thought of as a particular type of director. I've got an oscar nomination. I've made two indie films that play film festivals that are considered thoughtful," said the Canadian director. "I want to stay in that world, I like making those type of films."
"Mortal" was earlier known by the name of "Justice League of America". The film is rumored to be starred by Adam Brody, Armie Hammer, Megan Gale, Common as well as Hayden Christensen. It has been set to be directed by George Miller and is expected to come in theaters in 2009.
More Justice League News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms