Rapper DMX Not Taking Blame for Concert Riot
Rapper DMX has responded to the riot going on after his concert at Indiana University on Wednesday, April 9 was cut short, refusing to be linked as the cause of the incident. He, through a representative claimed of not knowing that there is an ordinance law that the concert should end at 9:30 P.M..
The concert was scheduled to start at 8:30 P.M. and the University's Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity has agreed to end the concert an hour later. DMX however, not knowing about the deal, came up an hour late and only served three songs when police pulled him off the stage. A riot from students who had paid $25 to watch the concert soon began to erupt and police were forced to mace the front row when they began throwing objects on the stage, aiming them to the officers. No arrest had been made though as in press time.
Responding to the fracas, a rep of DMX released a statement to AllHipHop.com, saying "Regarding the events that took place at the Indiana University DMX Children Uniting Nations concert last night, DMX was not the instigator nor is he to blame for the concert ending early. The Bloomfield police cut his show short due to the agreement that Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity had with the University that the concert would stop at 9:30PM because of a noise ordinance law. DMX, management and the promoter were not aware of this law."
Ironically, the concert was conducted to raise money for Children Uniting Nations. The rep continued that DMX is regretting the incident but hopes to "return to Indiana University in the future for another show."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!