Natalie Portman to Topline New 'Wuthering Heights'
The co-star of Julia Roberts, Jude Law and Clive Owen in "Closer", Natalie Portman, is likely to be heading to the feature film production of "Wuthering Heights". On the matter, Variety reported that the Academy Award-nominated actress has been attached to star in the new version of the adaptation film.
The article posted by the movie news site further suggested that the 26-year-old co-star of Scarlett Johansson in "The Other Boleyn Girl" will be portraying the lead character, Catherine Earnshaw. If Portman indeed takes the role, she will slam earlier reports claiming that Keira Knightley and Lindsay Lohan are battling out for the particular role in the drama romantic movie.
Concerning Knightley and Lohan, PopCrunch.com reported in early February 2008 that the two actresses have been considered to take the iconic romantic heroine character by the film's director John Maybury. "I certainly wouldn't count Keira out but it's whether or not she wants to get back into period costume, because she's been in a few period dramas," Maybury allegedly explained. "I don't count Lindsay Lohan out either. I really believe in the girl and she's coming out from the other side of her well documented problems - she just needs to be treated seriously."
"Heights" itself is a film project from Ecosse Films, a U.K. production company which have brought projects like "Becoming Jane" and the forthcoming "Brideshead Revisited" to the big screen. The film that is set for 2010 release is based on Emily Bronte's classic novel of the same title. It follows the love tale between Heathcliff and his foster sister Catherine.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal