Green Day Admitted They're Foxboro Hot Tubs
In December last year reports spread like wildfire that Green Day had released another side project under the moniker Foxboro Hot Tubs. One of the long-persistent rumors that year, is no longer there after the crooners of "American Idiots" confirmed that both acts are indeed done by the same persons.
"We think that the only similarity (between the Hot Tubs and Green Day) is that we are the same band," Billie Joe Amstrong and Co. confirmed through an e-mail to MTV News on Wednesday, April 9. "That is basically the only similarity. We are Jason White, Jason Freese, Michael Pritchard, Frank Edwin Wright the Third and the Reverend Strychnine Twitch. ...We are four guys who love to play music and be spontaneous, (and) after a few late night jams and a few too many bottles of wine, we were inspired to record some rockin' eight-track recordings."
While Green Day consists only three members, it is assumed that the fourth member in Hot Tubs, Reverend Strychnine Twitch is the alter ego of vocalist Billie. In the same e-mail, the boys also took time in explaining the almost-meaningless name for the side project. "The Foxboro Hot Tubs were a place we used to sneak booze and chicks into late at night. But most of the time it was just 'dude soup'," they explained.
As Hot Tubs, they have released an album called "Stop, Drop and Roll!!!" that they put as free download on the band's website back in December. Green Day are now hoping to release the record on vinyl and support it with a tour, jokingly tapping either Green Day or The Network (their other side project) to be the supporting act. Recently, they had also updated the site with a new single called "The Pedestrian" which is now confirmed to be the first single from the album.
More Green Day News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie