Prince, Latest Addition to Coachella Fest
Although Portishead was announced to be the headliner of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival's second day (April 26), the event's promoter announced yesterday (April 9) that Prince will also take the stage on that day. This would be the first time Prince headlining the festival which would be held in Indio, California.
Prince being tapped in the festival has been one of the long-running rumors going around but the singer will now play a full show on the main stage. "In this year of a lot of festivals, we think we've dug pretty deep," Coachella booker Paul Tollett told Billboard.com. "We're in our ninth year, and this is a really great addition to the whole story. It's exciting to add another artist into the mix that hasn't played festivals."
The festival runs over the three-days course beginning April 25 which will be headlined by folk artist Jack Johnson. Former Pink Floyd vocalist Roger Waters will close up the event on Sunday, April 27. Also billed are The Verve, Serj Tankian, My Morning Jacket, M.I.A., The Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie and Kraftwerk among others.
More Prince News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist