Prince, Latest Addition to Coachella Fest
Although Portishead was announced to be the headliner of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival's second day (April 26), the event's promoter announced yesterday (April 9) that Prince will also take the stage on that day. This would be the first time Prince headlining the festival which would be held in Indio, California.
Prince being tapped in the festival has been one of the long-running rumors going around but the singer will now play a full show on the main stage. "In this year of a lot of festivals, we think we've dug pretty deep," Coachella booker Paul Tollett told Billboard.com. "We're in our ninth year, and this is a really great addition to the whole story. It's exciting to add another artist into the mix that hasn't played festivals."
The festival runs over the three-days course beginning April 25 which will be headlined by folk artist Jack Johnson. Former Pink Floyd vocalist Roger Waters will close up the event on Sunday, April 27. Also billed are The Verve, Serj Tankian, My Morning Jacket, M.I.A., The Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie and Kraftwerk among others.
More Prince News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt