Prince, Latest Addition to Coachella Fest
Although Portishead was announced to be the headliner of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival's second day (April 26), the event's promoter announced yesterday (April 9) that Prince will also take the stage on that day. This would be the first time Prince headlining the festival which would be held in Indio, California.
Prince being tapped in the festival has been one of the long-running rumors going around but the singer will now play a full show on the main stage. "In this year of a lot of festivals, we think we've dug pretty deep," Coachella booker Paul Tollett told Billboard.com. "We're in our ninth year, and this is a really great addition to the whole story. It's exciting to add another artist into the mix that hasn't played festivals."
The festival runs over the three-days course beginning April 25 which will be headlined by folk artist Jack Johnson. Former Pink Floyd vocalist Roger Waters will close up the event on Sunday, April 27. Also billed are The Verve, Serj Tankian, My Morning Jacket, M.I.A., The Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie and Kraftwerk among others.
More Prince News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour