Gym Class Heroes' New Album to Make Fans Guessing
Gym Class Heroes will make their fans guessing in their next studio album, "The Quilt". The award-winning Hip-Hop group will not write the names of the featured guests on the liner notes of their new album, instead they will leave fans to guess through the artists' voice, an approach that they describe as "movie aesthetic".
This idea struck the band after seeing albums putting too many features on them. "I can't speak for everyone but I hate seeing lots of features on an album," frontman Travis McCoy told Billboard.com. "So, instead we're having a movie aesthetic, where everyone is going to be part of the cast as opposed to being featured. You won't know who is on the album just by looking at the liner notes. You'll know only if you listen and recognize the person's voice. This way, people know we didn't do stuff for name sake, but really because that person belonged on that song."
Among those that they have lined-up to be featured in the set are Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, K-OS, Ne-Yo and John Oates who is featured on "Fly Like Me", a song McCoy dedicates to his cousin who committed suicide last year. "It's sort of a Romeo and Juliet-type of story," he explained. Meanwhile, production will be supplied by Cool & Dre and their label mate Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump.
The album will be released in August via Fueled By Ramen/Atlantic.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway