Gym Class Heroes' New Album to Make Fans Guessing
Gym Class Heroes will make their fans guessing in their next studio album, "The Quilt". The award-winning Hip-Hop group will not write the names of the featured guests on the liner notes of their new album, instead they will leave fans to guess through the artists' voice, an approach that they describe as "movie aesthetic".
This idea struck the band after seeing albums putting too many features on them. "I can't speak for everyone but I hate seeing lots of features on an album," frontman Travis McCoy told Billboard.com. "So, instead we're having a movie aesthetic, where everyone is going to be part of the cast as opposed to being featured. You won't know who is on the album just by looking at the liner notes. You'll know only if you listen and recognize the person's voice. This way, people know we didn't do stuff for name sake, but really because that person belonged on that song."
Among those that they have lined-up to be featured in the set are Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, K-OS, Ne-Yo and John Oates who is featured on "Fly Like Me", a song McCoy dedicates to his cousin who committed suicide last year. "It's sort of a Romeo and Juliet-type of story," he explained. Meanwhile, production will be supplied by Cool & Dre and their label mate Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump.
The album will be released in August via Fueled By Ramen/Atlantic.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef