Charlotte Sometimes' to Release Debut LP in May
One of the most talked about new acts, Charlotte Sometimes, chose the track as strongly titled as "How I Could Just Kill a Man" as her debut single. The artist who hails from New York and is signed to Geffen will on May 6 release her first album "Waves and the Both of Us" that sees a range of music genre starting from pop rock to Nu-Jazz.
The title to the lead single indeed is a close reference to Cypress Hill's song of the same title. Explaining this Charlotte said in an interview, "It was the last song that we wrote for the record. All the other songs were finished, and my producer came up to me and said, "'How I Could Just Kill a Man,' you know that Cypress Hill song? Play that song." And I was like, "Alright." I went into the other room and wrote it. I came out, and there it was."
Other songs that will be in the set are "Sweet Valium High" and "Losing Sleep", the latter that she wrote while transitioning from a college girl living with her parents to a young adult who has to survive herself. In general she describes her album, "It's about all the different waves that live inside my head and heart, and how they affect others, myself, and the person I want or pretend to be."
Charlotte cited her inspirations coming from Fiona Apple, Carol King, Van Morrison up to Billie Holiday.
The singer with her band have been tapped to perform at Bamboozle Festival on May 4 and will tag along the extensive Van Warped tour that begins June 20. Visit her MySpace for complete show dates.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala