Charlotte Sometimes' to Release Debut LP in May
One of the most talked about new acts, Charlotte Sometimes, chose the track as strongly titled as "How I Could Just Kill a Man" as her debut single. The artist who hails from New York and is signed to Geffen will on May 6 release her first album "Waves and the Both of Us" that sees a range of music genre starting from pop rock to Nu-Jazz.
The title to the lead single indeed is a close reference to Cypress Hill's song of the same title. Explaining this Charlotte said in an interview, "It was the last song that we wrote for the record. All the other songs were finished, and my producer came up to me and said, "'How I Could Just Kill a Man,' you know that Cypress Hill song? Play that song." And I was like, "Alright." I went into the other room and wrote it. I came out, and there it was."
Other songs that will be in the set are "Sweet Valium High" and "Losing Sleep", the latter that she wrote while transitioning from a college girl living with her parents to a young adult who has to survive herself. In general she describes her album, "It's about all the different waves that live inside my head and heart, and how they affect others, myself, and the person I want or pretend to be."
Charlotte cited her inspirations coming from Fiona Apple, Carol King, Van Morrison up to Billie Holiday.
The singer with her band have been tapped to perform at Bamboozle Festival on May 4 and will tag along the extensive Van Warped tour that begins June 20. Visit her MySpace for complete show dates.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season