Akon Searching Talents to Europe and Africa
Akon, under his label Konvict Muzik, is spreading his wings to Europe and Africa by setting up a new branch office that he hopes can net new talents. An office in London has just been launched and Akon is seeking opportunities to scan "mega superstar" in international league.
"We will be scanning Europe and Africa for the next mega superstars," Melvin Brown, CEO of Konvict Muzik released a statement. "When Akon and I partnered and created Konvict Muzik, we agreed that we would have the hottest artists on our roster. I have concentrated on diversifying the artist roster and creating an international presence. I personally look for unique artists. I want something that sets us aside from the rest and is completely different than the average every day music you hear."
Brown also said that they have begun the work with new boyband called GLOWB from Dutch. He added, "I realized that there is so much out there when I began the quest with GLOWB and it motivated me to broaden the spectrum of demographics". AllHipHop.com also reported that they have signed a reggae/Hip-Hop group trio called American Yard.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'