Akon Searching Talents to Europe and Africa
Akon, under his label Konvict Muzik, is spreading his wings to Europe and Africa by setting up a new branch office that he hopes can net new talents. An office in London has just been launched and Akon is seeking opportunities to scan "mega superstar" in international league.
"We will be scanning Europe and Africa for the next mega superstars," Melvin Brown, CEO of Konvict Muzik released a statement. "When Akon and I partnered and created Konvict Muzik, we agreed that we would have the hottest artists on our roster. I have concentrated on diversifying the artist roster and creating an international presence. I personally look for unique artists. I want something that sets us aside from the rest and is completely different than the average every day music you hear."
Brown also said that they have begun the work with new boyband called GLOWB from Dutch. He added, "I realized that there is so much out there when I began the quest with GLOWB and it motivated me to broaden the spectrum of demographics". AllHipHop.com also reported that they have signed a reggae/Hip-Hop group trio called American Yard.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival