Akon Searching Talents to Europe and Africa
Akon, under his label Konvict Muzik, is spreading his wings to Europe and Africa by setting up a new branch office that he hopes can net new talents. An office in London has just been launched and Akon is seeking opportunities to scan "mega superstar" in international league.
"We will be scanning Europe and Africa for the next mega superstars," Melvin Brown, CEO of Konvict Muzik released a statement. "When Akon and I partnered and created Konvict Muzik, we agreed that we would have the hottest artists on our roster. I have concentrated on diversifying the artist roster and creating an international presence. I personally look for unique artists. I want something that sets us aside from the rest and is completely different than the average every day music you hear."
Brown also said that they have begun the work with new boyband called GLOWB from Dutch. He added, "I realized that there is so much out there when I began the quest with GLOWB and it motivated me to broaden the spectrum of demographics". AllHipHop.com also reported that they have signed a reggae/Hip-Hop group trio called American Yard.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary