Akon Searching Talents to Europe and Africa
Akon, under his label Konvict Muzik, is spreading his wings to Europe and Africa by setting up a new branch office that he hopes can net new talents. An office in London has just been launched and Akon is seeking opportunities to scan "mega superstar" in international league.
"We will be scanning Europe and Africa for the next mega superstars," Melvin Brown, CEO of Konvict Muzik released a statement. "When Akon and I partnered and created Konvict Muzik, we agreed that we would have the hottest artists on our roster. I have concentrated on diversifying the artist roster and creating an international presence. I personally look for unique artists. I want something that sets us aside from the rest and is completely different than the average every day music you hear."
Brown also said that they have begun the work with new boyband called GLOWB from Dutch. He added, "I realized that there is so much out there when I began the quest with GLOWB and it motivated me to broaden the spectrum of demographics". AllHipHop.com also reported that they have signed a reggae/Hip-Hop group trio called American Yard.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs